project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Lose Conditions? I lost the game and don't know what I did wrong  (Read 4156 times)

Offline Viento

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Lose Conditions? I lost the game and don't know what I did wrong
« on: November 04, 2009, 10:28:20 am »
Hiho!

Version: r26804.exe
Possible Cause? I played an older version up to March 2086 and updated to the new one.

My game just ended a bit surprisingly with a loss of the earth to the alien infection in 2086, March 4. I guess it is just because the game hasn't been finished yet, but if that was not the case, I would be very interested in finding out what I have done wrong.

I researched everything available. Researched "Enemy on Earth", "Enemy on Earth Revisited", "VXI Census". After that there was nothing more to research.

I monitored the infected areas closely and shot down everything even close to it, I tried to do all the missions inside the infected zones but never found something extraordinary. I also never encountered human resistance. The zones all remained green (didn't change colour) and didn't spread.

Did I miss something or is it just "normal" at that stange of development?

Andreas

P.S: Keep up the great work! I like the virus-attack story very much. ;)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Lose Conditions? I lost the game and don't know what I did wrong
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 12:18:28 pm »
My game just ended a bit surprisingly with a loss of the earth to the alien infection in 2086, March 4. I guess it is just because the game hasn't been finished yet, but if that was not the case, I would be very interested in finding out what I have done wrong.

Possible reasons for losing:
* too much debt
* too low nation happyness

If you attach the savegame I can check it in the evening.

-geever

Offline Viento

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 05:02:24 pm »
I can exclude both lose conditions 100 %.

Happyness: All but one "exhuberant", the remaining is "happy".

Infection: 6 % (of a allowed maximum of 70 %)

Debts: None, but 1.2 Million Credits. :)

But I can't find the place where the savegames are stored. *ashamed*

Please tell me, then I will happily upload my savegame. :)

Andreas
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 05:06:17 pm by Viento »

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 05:08:34 pm »
depends on your os - see the faq in our wiki

Offline Viento

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 09:32:30 pm »
Ok, found it. Tnx.

Attached you'll find the zip with both .xml and .lint in it (I guess you might need both).

Just continue until 2086, March 4.

Cya

Andreas

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 11:03:45 pm »
Okay, so it was infection rate. The number(s) shown in stats menu are strange. When it closed the campaign the average infection rate was 135. That's a bit more than 70 and can't be a percent value.

Further investigation needed to check if it counts the infection rate correctly but I wanted to report back with the reason. (Btw. there were quite much green spots on your map, so losing was about right imho.)

-geever

Offline Viento

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 10:04:15 am »
Tnx for looking it up and reporting back. =)

There are some green spots, of course. But I thought (as these spots are green) that they are not soooo dangerous, especially because they are in almost non- or only sparsely populated areas. The number (6 %) supported that impression. :)

In addition, I expected these areas to change from green to yellow to red to black in time or to expand, but neither happened. So they seemed reasonably harmless to me since there was no "hint of danger".

Perhaps changing the colour of the infected areas would make the danger more obvious to the player. Green just tells me intuitively that there is no real problem that needs to be dealt with urgently. :) 

Great game. I'll start a new one. =) This time, not a single greenish spot will appear on my planet.

Andy