project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Transfering scientists makes laboratory space unusable  (Read 2776 times)

Malaclypse

Transfering scientists makes laboratory space unusable
« on: July 14, 2009, 11:29:20 pm »
Hi,

Downloaded the game recently. Love to relive the X-COM experience! :) Really nice work!

But now I found a slightly game-breaking bug. Seems to be no workaround once it had happened, and it is persisted to savegames.

In my main base, I have 5 scientists, no reseach being done, 2 labs, and 20/20 lab space used. I cannot research.

ISSUE:
When transfering scientists currently on a research project, the lab space they occupied is not freed.

REPRODUCE: (assumed simplest path, my numbers were slightly different)
- Build an additional base, with laboratories and living quarters
- In main base, put 10 sceientists to work on a project
- Transferr 5 scientists to other base.

- Lab space in main base should now display as 10/10 used. Removing all scientists in base (5 left) will only reduce lab space usage to 5/10.

Rinse, repeat, this can quickly destory all lab space in all bases with a few transfers.

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: Transfering scientists makes laboratory space unusable
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 04:00:50 am »
Hi, welcome to the forum,

I remember something about this bug with the old 2.2.1, its really been a while since 2.2.1 was released (over a year) - I think this has already been addressed in the development 2.3, although 2.3 hasn't been finished yet (but you can search the forum for an installer to try it out if you don't mind bugs and unfinished material).

Edit: As far as I know there won't be any additional bug-fixing release for 2.2.x, as most current work is on 2.3 and a lot has changed for 2.3.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 04:02:24 am by Destructavator »

odie

Re: Transfering scientists makes laboratory space unusable
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 05:37:39 am »
Hi,

Downloaded the game recently. Love to relive the X-COM experience! :) Really nice work!

But now I found a slightly game-breaking bug. Seems to be no workaround once it had happened, and it is persisted to savegames.

In my main base, I have 5 scientists, no reseach being done, 2 labs, and 20/20 lab space used. I cannot research.

ISSUE:
When transfering scientists currently on a research project, the lab space they occupied is not freed.

REPRODUCE: (assumed simplest path, my numbers were slightly different)
- Build an additional base, with laboratories and living quarters
- In main base, put 10 sceientists to work on a project
- Transferr 5 scientists to other base.

- Lab space in main base should now display as 10/10 used. Removing all scientists in base (5 left) will only reduce lab space usage to 5/10.

Rinse, repeat, this can quickly destory all lab space in all bases with a few transfers.

Hi Malaclypse,

This is a known bug and no longer is on the current 2.3 dev version. Yupz.

U might wish to try getting it from one of the 2.3 dev downloads stickies. I have one here.

Just note that today's version has yet to finish uploading (taking another 2-3 hrs approx). ;D

Welcome once again to this wonderful project! Glad u r reliving a bit of ur XCOM experience (in 3D), though dun expect it to be an X-Com exact clone! :P

PS: Dun mind the bugs in the 2.3 dev download binaries. Thats why they are called development builts. U can however, help check for bugs BUT before posting a bug link, u might want to be familiar with the bugs already known and posted within these forums. Do a search if unsure, and if really not sure, can pop over to the 2.3 dev section and check the headers. :D

Else, dun worry, just post and one of the many good folks here will enlighten u! Toodles!