project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: 4X and "Freelancer-type" freeware games  (Read 23709 times)

Ildamos

Re: 4X and "Freelancer-type" freeware games
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 12:49:33 pm »
Ooooo, and Homeworld 2 is available for download in freeware! Here's the link at a slow rapidshare website (better than none) Download here

That's definitely the main game and not a mod.

I DLd Star Wraith some days ago and it looks awesome FOR A 9mb game.  ;D

Offline misiek

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 07:47:51 pm »
Bobbens is making a game similar to Escape Velocity, called naev. He isn't going to make a Windows port, though.

Actually there is already a windows port of naev, you can download it from here: http://code.google.com/p/naev/downloads/list

Ildamos

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 08:27:19 pm »
Thanks! Holy cr###! It's still in version 0.3.9 but I'm going to I'll be following its progress.

Thanks BTAxis and Misiek!

For those who are curious:
Naev Official site

odie

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2009, 08:59:38 pm »
That's definitely the main game and not a mod.

I DLd Star Wraith some days ago and it looks awesome FOR A 9mb game.  ;D

Ildamos:

Which star wraith did u download? (Link?) Is it the freeware or the demo version? (Sorta lost here)...

Actually there is already a windows port of naev, you can download it from here: http://code.google.com/p/naev/downloads/list

Ooooo, this looks cool.... downloading it and checking it out. :D

Ildamos

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2009, 06:48:32 pm »
HERE.

It's weird as the official web site says "Star Wraith: Shadows of Orion Freeware Edition" yet when you click on the link and install the game, you get Star Wraith 3.

Maybe Star Wraith 3 contains both the first and the second Star Wraiths?

I'll give it a go and if it's good and IF I can finally find the time (and moolah) to activate my PayPal, I'll buy the full version.  ;D

EDIT: I mean the full versions of the other games on that site. The Evochron games and the Arvoch Conflict look promising.

Edit 2: Well hell, I downloaded Star Wraith and played it for about 20 minutes or so and I must say it's good! Interested? See my preview HERE. Although StarWraith 3DGames has Freelancer-type games, this one's strictly a space simulator and nothing more... I think.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 08:05:28 pm by Ildamos »

odie

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2009, 07:25:27 am »
HERE.

It's weird as the official web site says "Star Wraith: Shadows of Orion Freeware Edition" yet when you click on the link and install the game, you get Star Wraith 3.

Maybe Star Wraith 3 contains both the first and the second Star Wraiths?

I'll give it a go and if it's good and IF I can finally find the time (and moolah) to activate my PayPal, I'll buy the full version.  ;D

EDIT: I mean the full versions of the other games on that site. The Evochron games and the Arvoch Conflict look promising.

Edit 2: Well hell, I downloaded Star Wraith and played it for about 20 minutes or so and I must say it's good! Interested? See my preview HERE. Although StarWraith 3DGames has Freelancer-type games, this one's strictly a space simulator and nothing more... I think.

Hehe..... oooo, u liked it too? lol. Nice. Reminds me of the good o' days of Tie-Fighter (the only one in the series where u get to play the BAD GUY! Woot!).

Oh ya, did i mentioned i dropped by the flea maket (more like black market) and there was this old man selling the ORIGINAL BOX SETS of Privateer 2 and Master of Magic? OMG! Guess how much i bought it for??

$7 Singapore Dollars (Abt 4.50 USD at 1.5SGD to 1USD) for BOTH! OMG. What a steal! Condition still uber good *other than the expected yellowing of box*.  :o