project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Trunk - usehomedir  (Read 9564 times)

Offline criusmac

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Trunk - usehomedir
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 11:04:22 pm »
Downloading a completely new trunk fixed the error, so that's working.

My testing has revealed fs_basedir doesn't work. I then tested ufo: ai 2.2.1 (original executable without compiling), and it doesn't work there either. So, I figure fs_basedir never did work... at least for completely random directories.

My testing with fs_usehomedir shows it is working well though. I can modify the code easily to get rid of fs_basedir (and my testing has shown this works fine).

This modification will allow writing of save games to only 2 locations. The Documents and Settings directory like it currently does, and the directory UFO: AI is installed into.

Is this good enough, or should I try to get the fs_basedir to work too?

Offline criusmac

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2009, 09:55:24 am »
I was unable to commit the patch via cvs since my login/password didn't work.
I was unable to locate the forum posts that say what format of diffs to use since the search feature is terrible.
Thus, I was unable to figure out the format you wanted diffs to be in.

So, basically, the only thing I can do is attach the one file that I changed, and that's about it.

The changes are minor though, and are based on the most recent cvs version.
They are at least tested. Unfortunately, when the game works properly, I get no opportunity to view the console output, so I can't be sure exactly what it's doing. No attempts to view the console output have succeeded, and I could find no files that contain the output.. So, I guess it's simply printed, and then gone.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2009, 12:10:31 pm »
we are using svn not cvs ;)

just use svn diff src/common/files.c > files.diff