project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Chinese Translation (Simplifed)  (Read 12021 times)

Sirine

Chinese Translation (Simplifed)
« on: June 22, 2009, 08:52:15 am »
I have a couple of suggestions on that...... We need to identify the critical terms (like single words, terminologies like UFOs, Civilians, Soldiers, Ranks, etc).

Next we can consider working on more single words / item names.

Then we need to edit the current storyline and make it sounds better, so that we can base further text translations based on those standards.

That for a start i guess will take us a while? Cheesy Haha. I would suggest getting all the single items first running, which will really help us esp in the text translation for storyline - w/o that, I already forsee some difficulties.

Ok. Tim, Let's get the work start here...
So, what should I do after downloading the POEditor, and the file that you gives? ufoai-zh_CN.po, and ufoai-en.po...

UFO = 飞碟,不明飞行物,
Civilians = 平民,老百姓,
Soldiers = 军人,士兵,战士,
Ranks = 阶级,队伍,阵线,

Something interesting to translate...
Hive minds = 蜂巢头脑(haha joking), er... 中核思想模式,中核思路模式,连核思维模式,连央思维模式,一体思维,。。。

odie

Re: Chinese Translation (Simplifed)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 11:54:01 am »
Ok. Tim, Let's get the work start here...
So, what should I do after downloading the POEditor, and the file that you gives? ufoai-zh_CN.po, and ufoai-en.po...

Okie! Yayness! Thanks for starting the thread!

First off, u should take a look at the english language file (ufoai-en.po -> which means, ufo alien invasion, english file). Then look thru the way it is structured. Yupz.

Then look at the chinese file (ufoai-zh_CN.po -> Cant remember why ZH, i thnk its zhengma and CN for chinese? lol.)

The translation is usually beside it....... Look at this first, and see if u like the terms so far translated.

UFO = 飞碟,不明飞行物,
Civilians = 平民,老百姓,
Soldiers = 军人,士兵,战士,
Ranks = 阶级,队伍,阵线,

Something interesting to translate...
Hive minds = 蜂巢头脑(haha joking), er... 中核思想模式,中核思路模式,连核思维模式,连央思维模式,一体思维,。。。

Then yes, i have already seen some of these. I still like:

UFO = 飞碟 for shorter description.
UFO = 不明飞行物体 for a fuller description, depending on where on the sentence its used.

Civilians = 平民 is good. 老百姓 sounds too old chinese. :P Stick to 平民 = good.

Soldiers = 军人 = good. 士兵,战士 = again, sounds like ancient times, 唐朝,明朝 lol.......

Ranks = 阶级,队伍,阵线. Okie, on this one, I still have not decided on the types of rank to use. For example:

LCP (Lance Corporal) - 下士
CPL (Corporal) - 中士
SGT (Sergeant) - 上士

If we are using this standard, then we will have 2nd SGT = 二极上士, 1st SGT = 一级上士, Staff SGT = 上士长

And Warrant Officers we can use 上士官 or (二极准尉, 一级准尉, 准尉长, 高级准尉) for 2nd Warrant Officer, 1st Warrant Officer, Master Warrant Officer and Senior Warrant Officer respectively.

Then again, we move to officers level, including,
2nd Lieut, Lieut, Captain, Major, etc...... We can try - 少尉,中尉,上尉,少校,中校,上校.

For Generals or the Highest level, i think we need to change it to something more UFOAI. lol.

Okie, enuf to get us started i guess. Look at the translations first and see if u like the current ones, and maybe list the not so nice ones and we discuss? ;)

Sirine

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 05:28:34 am »
Soldiers=军官,军士。

As for the Ranks... I think we need to have a list of what UFO:AI have, list down, and translate base on usage..

The intro text.... still have room for improvement. intro_sentence1 until 8.

intro_sentence1
It is the year 2084. Earth, never the most stable of places, enjoys a time of relative peace. The violent beginnings of the 21st century are far away now; distant memories, but not so distant that they've been forgotten. To most of Earth's people, the Second Cold War is a dark shadow from the past, much like the World Wars were to the children of the late 20th.

这是2084年。地球,还是那么安详和平。21世纪初期的战争只存在遥远的记忆当中。对于大多数人来说第二次冷战只是过去的阴影,他的记忆就像20世纪末出生的人对二次世界大战一样淡漠。

2084年。地球,难得的和平和安详。21世纪初期所爆发的战争,只存在于遥远的记忆当中。第二次的冷战,对于大多数人来说,只是过去的阴影。他们的记忆就像20世纪末出生的人一样,模糊的记得有第一次世界大战。
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 07:52:18 am by Sirine »

Sirine

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 06:35:23 am »
intro_sentence2
Conflicts have gotten rarer near the end of the century as new technology and universal health-care finally became available to the third world. Even the fires of terrorism have cooled in the wake of the Second Cold War, with its horrors and inhumanities still fresh in the minds of the people, from the old United States to the ravaged Indian subcontinent. Class struggles are ascending to the political battlefield now that every nation is guaranteed fair representation in the UN, and the global standard of living is slowly on the rise down to the most impoverished corners of the planet. Countries have solidified, stabilised around a restructured United Nations that successfully polices the world governments. Fragmented clumps of smaller nations, frightened at first by the vast power blocks accumulating around China and the European Union, have banded together into powerful political leagues of their own -- then found themselves with no neighbours they could safely fight. For the first time in the history of mankind, there is law and order across more than three quarters of the world.

Conflicts have gotten rarer near the end of the century as new technology and universal health-care finally became available to the third world.
新科技和医疗知识以及技术,终于普及到了贫困国家,令这世纪末的战争和暴力冲突变得很罕见。

Even the fires of terrorism have cooled in the wake of the Second Cold War, with its horrors and inhumanities still fresh in the minds of the people, from the old United States to the ravaged Indian subcontinent.
旧美国以及印度群国所恐惧的恐怖活动,在第二次《冷战》平静过后也渐渐减少了。

Class struggles are ascending to the political battlefield now that every nation is guaranteed fair representation in the UN, and the global standard of living is slowly on the rise down to the most impoverished corners of the planet.
每一个国家在联合国里,都被保证拥有着公平的代表权,促使国以国之间的战场转移到政治平台,全球的生活水准已经在逐渐上升,连最贫困角落的人,对生活也有显著的改善。

Countries have solidified, stabilised around a restructured United Nations that successfully polices the world governments.
在改组后的联合国的监督下,世界各国,都成功的迈向繁荣和稳定。

Fragmented clumps of smaller nations, frightened at first by the vast power blocks accumulating around China and the European Union, have banded together into powerful political leagues of their own -- then found themselves with no neighbours they could safely fight.
中国和欧盟的强大和权威,让一些零星小国深感危惧,而纷纷的团结起来,组织自己的政治立场,--最终发觉他们已经没有可以轻易侵略的邻国。

For the first time in the history of mankind, there is law and order across more than three quarters of the world.
这使得在人类的历史上,首次拥有了超过四分之三的国家,都尊奉法律和秩序。

【全文协调性】
新科技和医疗知识以及技术,终于普及到了贫困国家,令这世纪末的战争和暴力冲突变得很罕见。旧美国以及印度群国所恐惧的恐怖活动,在第二次《冷战》平静过后也渐渐减少了。每一个国家在联合国里,都被保证拥有着公平的代表权,促使国以国之间的战场转移到政治平台,全球的生活水准已经在逐渐上升,连最贫困角落的人,对生活也有显著的改善。在改组后的联合国的监督下,世界各国,都成功的迈向繁荣和稳定。中国和欧盟的强大和权威,让一些零星小国深感危惧,而纷纷的团结起来,组织自己的政治立场,--最终发觉他们已经没有可以轻易侵略的邻国。这使得在人类的历史上,首次拥有了超过四分之三的国家,都尊奉法律和秩序。

Yellow Color = 词不达意,寻求改进
Orange Color = 初级满意,寻求共识
Green Color = 共识达成,就用这个囖。
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 08:29:31 am by Sirine »

odie

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 07:04:22 am »
Soldiers=军官,军士。

As for the Ranks... I think we need to have a list of what UFO:AI have, list down, and translate base on usage..

The intro text.... still have room for improvement. intro_sentence1 until 8.

intro_sentence1
It is the year 2084. Earth, never the most stable of places, enjoys a time of relative peace. The violent beginnings of the 21st century are far away now; distant memories, but not so distant that they've been forgotten. To most of Earth's people, the Second Cold War is a dark shadow from the past, much like the World Wars were to the children of the late 20th.

这是2084年。地球,还是那么安详和平。21世纪初期的战争只存在遥远的记忆当中。对于大多数人来说第二次冷战只是过去的阴影,他的记忆就像20世纪末出生的人对二次世界大战一样淡漠。

2084年。地球,难得的和平和安详。21世纪初期所爆发的战争,只存在于遥远的记忆当中。第二次的冷战,对于大多数人来说,只是过去的阴影。他们的记忆就像20世纪末出生的人一样,模糊的记得有第二次世界大战。

Sirine / All who are helping with the chinese translations,

How about this expanded and 'juicier' text? lol.

公元2084年。我们所认识的地球在长久以来,虽然不是一个非常和平的地方,但也享受了一段相当长的太平盛世。21世纪初期的《大冷战》,随已过了许久,但仍然是存留在人们脑海回忆中的一段阴影。这一段的回忆,就有如20世纪的两次《世界大战》,给人们留下的战火绵绵,死亡、痛苦、民不聊生的阴影。

Sirine

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 07:26:36 am »
intro_sentence1

It is the year 2084. Earth, never the most stable of places, enjoys a time of relative peace.
公元2084年。我们所认识的地球在长久以来,虽然不是一个非常和平的地方,但也享受了一段相当长的和平。

The violent beginnings of the 21st century are far away now; distant memories, but not so distant that they've been forgotten.
21世纪初期所爆发的战争,虽然已经过了许久,但仍然记忆犹新。

To most of Earth's people, the Second Cold War is a dark shadow from the past, much like the World Wars were to the children of the late 20th.
对于大多数人来说,第二次的冷战,只是过去的阴影。战争的记忆就像20世纪末出生的人一样,模糊的记得有过第一次世界大战。

【全文协调性】
公元2084年。我们所认识的地球在长久以来,虽然不是一个非常和平的地方,但也享受了一段相当长的和平。21世纪初期所爆发的战争,虽然已经过了许久,但仍然记忆犹新。对于大多数人来说,第二次的冷战,只是过去的阴影。战争的记忆就像20世纪末出生的人一样,模糊的记得有过第一次世界大战。

Yellow Color = 词不达意,寻求改进
Orange Color = 初级满意,寻求共识
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 07:58:45 am by Sirine »

Sirine

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 08:06:13 am »
Tim: -Who is the initial translator which translate the 'as seen' chinese? I feel like going to the wrong way if not carefully look at the original English sentense....

Would you like to put the finalize, confirm version of the chinese translated sentence to the PO files? I think just keep 1 copy of it will do, and I'm hoping that you can do that for me.... ;D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 08:32:08 am by Sirine »

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 08:30:23 am »
please translate this on the wiki - and use the talk/discuss pages

Sirine

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 08:34:41 am »
Would you be kind enought to point me the way? The wiki ....very confusing... too many link..

odie

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 08:39:14 am »

Mattn,

Thanks for pointing out the wiki. It looks confusing for me too...... the 'talk/discuss' pages...... quite -.-"" (no offense intended).

Would you be kind enought to point me the way? The wiki ....very confusing... too many link..

Agreeable.....

Tim: -Who is the initial translator which translate the 'as seen' chinese? I feel like going to the wrong way if not carefully look at the original English sentense....

Would you like to put the finalize, confirm version of the chinese translated sentence to the PO files? I think just keep 1 copy of it will do, and I'm hoping that you can do that for me.... ;D

Actually, i do not even know who the original translator was.... there were no revisions / authorship here....

As for the 'english' original version, the issue is that there have been updates to po files.... there is some sorta of a wiki-> Po translating software, which i am alien to (means i am not sure how this is working out).

I am simply basing my work now on the latest chinese zh_po file, which i saw is not exactly updated to the english version -> quite frustrating......

Needs directions from the original team as to how this actually works out....

If i did not remember wrongly, somewhere long ago in the translating threads, its intended to translate on the wiki pages, then run the 'software' to translate that into the po file, which will be parsed at compilation into mo files.

As for how this works...... Mattn & co would be the best counsellor.

Sirine

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 09:09:19 am »
http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/List_of_msgid/Story

Here I presume?

http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/%E5%89%A7%E6%83%85/test

To be exect....?

Registered and Edited the original page... seems not right... :-\

Start get use to it already... but how to change the text color??
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 09:52:14 am by Sirine »

Sirine

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 10:43:24 am »
intro_sentence3
To many people on Earth, it seems like things are going all right.
人权也得到了广泛的普及。 What is this? nothing to do with the translation..
对于多数的地球人来说,现在的世界,一切都看似如此的美好。

intro_sentence4
The first attack hits the city of Mumbai on the 3rd of March, 2084. Six small UFOs appear out of nowhere and come screaming down from orbit, undetected by the vast radar installations covering the skies over Mumbai, and set down in the single most densely-populated city on Earth. They offer no warning, no explanation. Twenty thousand innocent civilians and three battalions of elite troops are massacred over the course of twelve brutal hours before massed Commonwealth soldiers manage to bring the aliens' advance to a standstill. Then, as suddenly as they appeared, they retreat to their craft and vanish back into orbit, leaving only the ravaged streets of Mumbai as evidence.

The first attack hits the city of Mumbai on the 3rd of March, 2084.
首次袭击发生在2084年3月3号,孟买。

Six small UFOs appear out of nowhere and come screaming down from orbit, undetected by the vast radar installations
covering the skies over Mumbai, and set down in the single most densely-populated city on Earth.
六架忽如其来的不明飞行物体,吟啸着穿梭入地球轨道,避过了所有网盖着孟买的雷达系统,着陆在这个人口密集的城市。

They offer no warning, no explanation.
在没有任何警告,解释和理由之下。

Twenty thousand innocent civilians and three battalions of elite troops are massacred over the course of twelve brutal hours before massed Commonwealth soldiers manage to bring the aliens' advance to a standstill.
两万名无辜的市民就被疯狂的屠宰。其中还包括了三个营的精英部队。经过了12个小时的残酷大屠杀,英联邦士兵被大量的集结过来以后,才成功的把异性的的侵略暂时阻挡住。

Then, as suddenly as they appeared, they retreat to their craft and vanish back into orbit, leaving only the ravaged streets of Mumbai as evidence.
然而,就像它们忽然出现一样,它们撤退回飞行船,然后消失回无边无际的天空。孟买的街头,只留下被糟蹋殆尽的惨状,来证明着它们曾经被肆虐过的痕迹。

【全文协调性】
首次袭击发生在2084年3月3号,孟买。六架忽如其来的不明飞行物体,吟啸着穿梭入地球轨道,避过了所有网盖着孟买的雷达系统,着陆在这个人口密集的城市。在没有任何警告,解释和理由之下。两万名无辜的市民就被疯狂的屠宰。其中还包括了三个营的精英部队。经过了12个小时的残酷大屠杀,《英联邦士兵》被大量的集结过来以后,才成功的把异性的侵略暂时阻挡住。然而,就像它们忽然出现一样,它们撤退回飞行船,然后消失回无边无际的天空。孟买的街头,只留下被糟蹋殆尽的惨状,来证明着它们曾经被肆虐过的痕迹。

Yellow Color = 词不达意,寻求改进
Orange Color = 初级满意,寻求共识
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 03:58:01 am by Sirine »

Offline sunsolzn

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 03:40:44 pm »
note in english the char "-" (unicode 002D),
translation to chinese use "-". unicode is FE63.
because game use ' '(0020) and '-'(002D) wrap text.

Sirine

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 02:32:59 am »
@sunsolzn:- Thanks, and noted.

Sirine

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 04:25:34 am »
intro_sentence5
An emergency meeting of the UN provides no conclusive direction. The incursions continue faster, larger and more savage than before, this time in Bonn, Johannesburg and Bangkok. Some nations attempt diplomacy, sending messages in a thousand different languages to the aliens ravaging across the countryside. Their words are ignored. Within hours, all three cities are emptied of human life. The attack is over by the time the various militaries are given permission to strike back. The aliens leave nothing behind them but concrete and blood. All the UFOs disappear without a trace -- but no one doubts they'll be back.

An emergency meeting of the UN provides no conclusive direction.
联合国紧急召开会议,讨论对策,可是最终都没有达成任何有效的协议。

The incursions continue faster, larger and more savage than before, this time in Bonn, Johannesburg and Bangkok.
波恩、约翰内斯堡和曼谷,陆续的遭受袭击,而且每次都来得更加的迅速,阵容更庞大,也加倍的残酷。

Some nations attempt diplomacy, sending messages in a thousand different languages to the aliens ravaging across the countryside. Their words are ignored.
一些国家试图使用外交政策,前后对几个被袭击的地点发送一千多种语言,希望有所回应。可是被完全的无视了。

Within hours, all three cities are emptied of human life.
三个被袭击的城市,在短短的几个小时内,完全变成了空城。

The attack is over by the time the various militaries are given permission to strike back.
当各个军队被授于还击的权利之时,袭击已经告一段落。

The aliens leave nothing behind them but concrete and blood. All the UFOs disappear without a trace -- but no one doubts they'll be back.
异形飞碟已经消失无踪,只留下破残瓦砾,和遍地鲜血。--它们还会再来,没有人会怀疑这点。

【全文协调性】
联合国紧急召开会议,讨论对策,可是最终都没有达成任何有效的协议。波恩、约翰内斯堡和曼谷,陆续的遭受袭击,而且每次都来得更加的迅速,阵容更庞大,也加倍的残酷。一些国家试图使用外交政策,前后对几个被袭击的地点发送一千多种语言,希望有所回应。可是被完全的无视了。三个被袭击的城市,在短短的几个小时内,完全变成了空城。当各个军队被授于还击的权利之时,袭击已经告一段落。异形飞碟已经消失无踪,只留下破残瓦砾,和遍地鲜血。--它们还会再来,没有人会怀疑这点。

Yellow Color = 词不达意,寻求改进
Orange Color = 初级满意,寻求共识
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 04:39:09 am by Sirine »