project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Aircraft and aircraft weapons  (Read 2032 times)

Offline Another Guy

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Aircraft and aircraft weapons
« on: June 09, 2009, 09:17:25 am »
Some sugestions for imediate aircraft and aircraft weapons solutions:

a) Add the ability to sell DF-Tank for 0 credits. Currently there in no way to get rid of them to free space (In case of one of ur interceptors get destroied/sold/tranfered).

b) Add some temporary (unlimited) ammo for Particle Beam Weapon. Should be created as installed (same as DF-Tank for aerial laser. Should add the ability to sell it for 0 credits as well).
Weapon speed should be the same as a UFO fighter and damage should be UFO fighter damage divided by 2 (It has 2 of them).

c) Remove the -20% penaltys from Particle Beam Weapon. This makes all interceptors (except the dragon one) equipped with 2 of them (as a UFO fighter is) slower than a UFO scout, making them useless.

d) Show ships hit points at aircraft base screen, buy/sell screen and geoscape (upon aircraft selecting, along with speed, fuel and other stats). Currently there is no way to know how strong each aircraft is.

e) Stingray should be the ultimate interceptor, but has same speed and fuel as a stiletto and one less gun slot. Seems useless so far. Maybe it should have its stats altered.

Obs: I know aircraft system is not ready and balanced yet. This suggestions are just for it to get playable for now.
Obs2: I'm not a coder, but i tried to suggest just what I imagined that wouldn't require that much coding. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Aircraft and aircraft weapons
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 10:38:43 am »
a) Add the ability to sell DF-Tank for 0 credits. Currently there in no way to get rid of them to free space (In case of one of ur interceptors get destroied/sold/tranfered).

You don't have any. DF-Tank is virtual.

b) Add some temporary (unlimited) ammo for Particle Beam Weapon. Should be created as installed (same as DF-Tank for aerial laser. Should add the ability to sell it for 0 credits as well).

Particle beam weapons should use antimatter somehow. For temporary, hmm maybe.

d) Show ships hit points at aircraft base screen, buy/sell screen and geoscape (upon aircraft selecting, along with speed, fuel and other stats). Currently there is no way to know how strong each aircraft is.

That's a good point.

-geever