project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Still cant go upstairs  (Read 2509 times)

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Still cant go upstairs
« on: June 03, 2009, 02:10:57 am »
Downloaded Odies r245xx build and Im happy to say that many of the issues from the last build are not in here, though characters being out of sync still causes the server to crash, but those rarely happen.

However, I noticed that there are a few locations that I cannot go to the second level (Some houses, but the main one is UFOs), and so there are still missions that cannot be completed. Is it still an issue with pathfinding?

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Still cant go upstairs
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 09:49:56 am »
Yes.

odie

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 05:17:16 am »
Downloaded Odies r245xx build and Im happy to say that many of the issues from the last build are not in here, though characters being out of sync still causes the server to crash, but those rarely happen.

However, I noticed that there are a few locations that I cannot go to the second level (Some houses, but the main one is UFOs), and so there are still missions that cannot be completed. Is it still an issue with pathfinding?

And note that pathfinding will not be easy to solve, as its a combination of a whole series of bugs.... (not 1 in itself) as i was told by Duke. :D

Yupz, its more stable than the 244XX revisions alrite. Try the 246XX series. lol. Its getting better. Note that my latest built (not finished uploading) will break your current savegames though - i.e. start a new game = must.

This is due to a change in the way savegames are done. Check out the update changelogs if u need. I have included them. The revision changing the savegame is 24638.
Code: [Select]
* changed xml size value in the savegame header from long to int * NOTE: This...
Wednesday, June 10, 2009 12:25 AM
tlh2000 * r24638 /ufoai/trunk/src/client/campaign/cp_save.c:
* changed xml size value in the savegame header from long to int
* NOTE: This will break existing savegames but will fix endian and 64bit problems
* reduced scope

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 05:50:54 am »
I never kept save games between builds anyway. Someone said that some problems might come through from older builds.
And Odie, see my thread in the bugs in 2.3 section. You might find it handy, more so than this thread