project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Pick up Weapons from Dead Soldiers  (Read 3785 times)

r4mun

Pick up Weapons from Dead Soldiers
« on: May 09, 2009, 02:27:17 pm »
Hi,

Got a little Problem :)

I have played every part of x-com - to the end.
Now i have tried this game, its look very nice and i think it makes lot of fun,
but is it normally i cant pick up the Weapons from Dead Soldiers?
I dont see the Weapons on the Ground, but the Aliens Weapons i see.

Have tried the search engine but think my english isnt good enough to translate the Posts.

Offline Colamann

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Pick up Weapons from Dead Soldiers
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 07:48:26 pm »
At least in the current stable version, you can't. I'm sure this is going to be changed at some point in the future; however i dunno when 'later' will be. It's not in the 2.3-TODO. That propably means it's not going to be in the next stable version.
I think this part from the general TODO refers to our problem:

[open] collecting items from battlefield - surf through soldiers inventory to find items that was being added to soldier during the mission, remove them and put them to the floor - these will be collected by INV_CollectingItems()

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 07:55:37 pm »
even if it's quite a long time since 2.2.1 - i'm sure soldiers are able to collect weapons from the ground. this should be possible since 0.1 ;)

if you can't this is a bug (we have still quite many in 2.3-dev)

Offline Colamann

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 02:39:46 pm »
The problem is that Phalanx soldiers don't seem to drop stuff in 2.2.1, at least for me. And I think I read posts by others that said this is normal, so I figured the would be fixed at some point since it's well known.

No matter how it currently is or isn't, will equipment carried by dead or stunned Phalanx be returned along with all the stuff gathered during the mission?
*slap self* Oh that prolly is the problem. It's gathered automatically at the end of the mission, and then autosold because autosell is switched on for default, am I right?

odie

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 12:05:31 pm »
The problem is that Phalanx soldiers don't seem to drop stuff in 2.2.1, at least for me. And I think I read posts by others that said this is normal, so I figured the would be fixed at some point since it's well known.

No matter how it currently is or isn't, will equipment carried by dead or stunned Phalanx be returned along with all the stuff gathered during the mission?
*slap self* Oh that prolly is the problem. It's gathered automatically at the end of the mission, and then autosold because autosell is switched on for default, am I right?

Well, alot has been done and changed since 2.2.1....

U want to download a development 2.3 phase' binary and install to try?? So far as i know, i can pick up wpns.....

For new binaries, u might want to d/l one from my thread, muton's thread, or destructavator's......
PS: Mine is on the way uploading, so might take another 2 hrs or so.....

Offline Colamann

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 04:26:36 pm »
Simply put, I'm too stupid to compile :(

odie

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 08:22:35 am »
Simply put, I'm too stupid to compile :(

lol.... there is no stupid programmers.... only lazy ones....

I admit i can be lazy at certain areas of programming whilst more passionate and diligent in some others!

*Poke colamann*. Buck up! :P