project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Missile Battery use  (Read 5066 times)

sharkbait

Missile Battery use
« on: February 20, 2009, 08:02:05 pm »
Hi everyone,

Love the game. I was a big xCom fan back in the day and was glad to find this!

I must be an idiot, because I cannot figure out how to fire the battery at a UFO. I'm using Mac OS 10.5

Can someone give me some insight on what I'm not doing correctly?

Thanks in advance!

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Missile Battery use
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 08:38:11 pm »
Use forum search first. ;)
(answer)

-geever

sharkbait

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 03:49:46 pm »
Yeah I did read that before I posted, and it helped. My problem is that the battery is built, has a weapon and is armed, it just never engages with the UFO. I must be missing something else, I just haven't figured it out yet. It also may be that I'm using a MacBook?

Offline RudolfoWood

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 04:37:56 pm »
Have you checked the Aircraft equipment screen ('Other' section)?  I'm in the wrong OS right now (dual-boot and have UFO-AI on only one of 'em) so can't check, but I think it might be there.

Once you have 'em, you'll need to select the missile launcher facility and do an equipment install.  And if you want to fire them, you'll need to explicitly tell tell the base to target the UFO in question -- there' s no 'fire at will' standing order in 2.2.1  AFAICT.
especially the last part with "no fire at will" is the important one - you have to select an ufo that flies within weapon range and order your base defence to fire at it.

sharkbait

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 10:02:40 pm »
I tried that last time. When I selected the UFO it gave me the option of sending up my aircrafts, but no option for missile battery. I started a new game, I'll build a missile battery and try again. Will let you know how it worked or didn't. Are you using a Mac also?

Offline RudolfoWood

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 05:53:25 pm »
no, WinXP / Suse11 (not really used yet) - and I don't find much time to play  ;D
one additional hint: defence system must be equipped with ammo (at least one time I think).