project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: About Improvement of Stats After Combat (And Implement Training?)  (Read 2812 times)

odie

Hi,

I have noticed a couple of entries from various discussions on training. Perhaps we could incorporate a training facility (which cost X credits/soldier/month) that can actually improve all stats / 1 of the stat of the trainees.

Reason being: I have noticed in recent builts (SVN) that stats now improve realistically but pathetically slowly.... ie. If you are using a sniper weapon on sniper aim, you will most likely improve but ONE point of Sniper skill after the combat. (That is if you score a kill... and not a hit).

Likewise, if u r using multi-skill weapon (eg, Bolter Rifle, which has both sniper (AIM) and assault (SNAP)), realistically you improve your Sniper skill onli when u aim so often.....

This is very slow, considering i have completed 2 3 months of game (game time) and close to 20+ 30 missions, and only 2 of them (out of 8 active ones) have improved 10 or 11 points (overall either on stats or skills)....... sigh.

I know balancing is not the main focus yet, but perhaps we could start thinking about this, as re-coding will be counter-effort.

And how about some training? *wink* ;D ;)

Locke

Re: About Improvement of Stats After Combat (And Implement Training?)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 11:53:43 pm »
This is an interesting idea... for version 2.4. But let's let them finish 2.3 rather than suggest new features at this point!

Offline Lew Yard

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 12:12:50 pm »
There actually -is- a Training Room facility mentioned in the wiki, so the concept might already be intended.

Offline Chriswriter90

• Squad Leader
  • Zilla Response Unit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 12:10:04 am »
There actually -is- a Training Room facility mentioned in the wiki, so the concept might already be intended.

I noticed it to, I guess it must have been in an older build and forgotten.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 12:15:20 am »
No, it's just that nobody made it yet.