project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Bug dev 2.3 21848 can't go up stairs / marine stuck on dropship  (Read 2851 times)

weidsun

Bug dev 2.3 21848 can't go up stairs / marine stuck on dropship
« on: January 22, 2009, 09:03:21 pm »
On XP SP3
version 2.3 21848

I ran 2.2.x without issues.  I installed 2.3 21848 yesterday with destructavator's links and everything looks great.  However, on the tactical maps, my marines can not go upstairs in any buildings nor the alien ships.  My 8th marine is also stuck on the dropship and cannot move other than turning. 

Offline DuKe2112

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Bug dev 2.3 21848 can't go up stairs / marine stuck on dropship
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 09:09:08 pm »
Known issues, the stuck soldier should be already fixed, but Destructavator might not have been able to remake new version though.
The stairs are being worked on.

odie

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 09:46:04 am »
On XP SP3
version 2.3 21848

I ran 2.2.x without issues.  I installed 2.3 21848 yesterday with destructavator's links and everything looks great.  However, on the tactical maps, my marines can not go upstairs in any buildings nor the alien ships.  My 8th marine is also stuck on the dropship and cannot move other than turning. 

Hi Weidsun,

Note that in 21848 (current version today as i update is 21950), the stairs (going up or down) is not fixed yet, though terrain levels are working.

All stairs are the case here, including those on ships, buildings and outside buildings' stairs.

This is a known problem. The stuck issues has been fixed and should not occur. If you are farmiliar with SVN and Codeblocks, you might want to check those out. See this index.

zoltic

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 07:30:19 pm »
Hello,

Sorry for my poor english, I'm french and everybody know that frenches are very bad in foreign languages. :)

In SVN 2.3 dev 22070, it's not possible to climb any stairs.......... so when aliens are first floor, it's impossible to finish intervention..... Sad is'nt it ?
So it is a critical bug......

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 07:48:45 pm »
We're aware of that. It will hopefully be fixed soon, but we don't know exactly when.

odie

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 09:24:54 am »
Hello,

Sorry for my poor english, I'm french and everybody know that frenches are very bad in foreign languages. :)

In SVN 2.3 dev 22070, it's not possible to climb any stairs.......... so when aliens are first floor, it's impossible to finish intervention..... Sad is'nt it ?
So it is a critical bug......

Hi zoltic,

It is actually possible to finish all missions though u cant climb to 2nd storey.
I have finished all my missions so far, you may need to reposition your soldiers again and again so that you can 'ambush' the alien (who will somehow appear in firing line of sight).

Hope i have not been too difficult with my language.

Bon Nuit!

zoltic

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 10:48:07 am »
For me the real interest is not to finish or not a mission. it is to find bugs to help programmers and to have the best possible game. In fact I'm more tester than player. But to continue such a development, it is necessary to enjoy players and to give them an "unbugged" program.
Had you seen that climbing staircases is possible, at least in entrance, when base is under attack and not during "outside" missions ?

The real purpose of my message was to say that the problem was not solved in 22070.
I don't know on what problem programmers worked between 21848 and 22070 but if they worked on this, I think it was good to say result of tests.