project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: ToDo Error  (Read 3997 times)

Spade

ToDo Error
« on: November 04, 2008, 08:25:59 pm »
As soon as I capture my first alien, an error message shows up that says something about ToDo. After that it crashes. What is causing this?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: ToDo Error
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 12:17:26 pm »
"I was doing something and something bad happened after a while. What was causing that?"

If you don't describe your problem exactly, we cannot say anything.

"TODO" is not an error message but some text needs to be written (the game isn't finished yet).

Which version is it? (ufo:ai)
On What OS? (Windows?)
How does it crash? (assertion failure, segmentation/general protection failure, neither of them)

-geever

Cers

Re: ToDo Error
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 05:45:48 pm »
Hello,
I´m afraid I´d had a similar bug. I´ll try to explain it the best as possible.

After have done about 12 or 13 terror missions, I had one in venezuela or someplace like that (but it wasn´t in the rain forest, it was a small town with buildings). When I finished that mission, it appeared two phrases (``sentence<......>TODO´´ , sorry I don´t remember them well) in lieu of the text I suppose there must be, and in the bottom right corner a smaller phrase: ``click to continue´´. I clicked there and in every place of the screen but nothing happened. I tried that mission a second time and it was the same.

So, I thought about not doing that mission but the aliens kill people each certain time because the terror missions don´t dissapear (I don´t think that is a bug). After some time it appeared other terror mission and I tried to get there with the thunderbird (the plane which carries soldiers) and UFOs destroyed it always in the route to the mission :S. Maybe that´s also normal but I wasn´t keen to continue trying playing with the permanent terror mission in Venezuela I couldn´t solve (and with all the governments getting angry :'(  )

PD:Sorry for my English.
PD2:ufoai-2.2.1-win32
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 05:49:00 pm by Cers »