project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: new feature  (Read 4174 times)

Offline Cpt.Jclink

• Rookie
    • View Profile
new feature
« on: August 06, 2008, 09:58:42 pm »
i think they should make a button that tells all the civilians to head to a safezone or for them to head to the ship because i had civilians walk right thru the battle zone just to get killed on the other side by aliens or by my team in RF crossfire

if you have any comments please write them down i would like your opinion

michael_s

Re: new feature
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 11:11:03 pm »
I like the Idea,
but i never cared about to save civilians.
Sometimes they are right next to an alien, so they will got killed anyway.

regards
michael

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 11:15:22 pm »
I don't like the idea.
Invite aliens for a tea instead. :) (Shouting 'People here! Now!' on the battleground could mean quick death.)

Anyway civilians in the current development version don't seem as dumb as before. Hmm..Did we fix this behavior already?

-geever

Offline Cpt.Jclink

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 11:43:08 pm »
Well to tell you the truth i hate civilians i just save the ones but i want a button or trigger r whatever so i wont waste bullets and men like if a civilian is in front of the alien i shoot and the civilian dies and i can shoot the alien but i dont have any TUs left for a killing blow

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 11:59:49 pm »
I wanted to say civilians are running away from aliens in the latest (dev) version afair. (as i've experienced)

Well, I think we should put in great penality if a Phalanx soldier kills civilians if it isn't in already. The aim of Phalanx IS to save civilians not to hunt them.

-geever

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 12:24:20 am »
That is the plan.

Offline Cpt.Jclink

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 03:00:26 am »
I wanted to say civilians are running away from aliens in the latest (dev) version afair. (as i've experienced)

Well, I think we should put in great penality if a Phalanx soldier kills civilians if it isn't in already. The aim of Phalanx IS to save civilians not to hunt them.

-geever
yes i know that but if one alien is behind the civilian and he runs forward towards were i am killing the other aliens thats what i dont like because i dont fire because of the civilian but the civilian gets killed or in the crossfire one of my men gets killed
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 04:19:27 pm by Cpt.Jclink »

Offline Malick

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 03:13:08 pm »
I would expand on this idea a little bit :

- Ability to call out civilians : a soldier can call civilians, so that any survivor will try to reach his positin, within reasonable time limit. Which means, a civilian on the other side of the map would not risk his neck to regroup with a calling soldier. May have counter effects, like revealing position or simply attracting any AI unit, aliens included.

- Ability to push a civilian : for example, when he/she blocks the path, would be good to be able to swap position with a friendly unit, with TU cost. No more stupid civ blocking the doorway or stairs.

Malick

Offline Mayhem

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 08:16:38 pm »

- Ability to push a civilian : for example, when he/she blocks the path, would be good to be able to swap position with a friendly unit, with TU cost. No more stupid civ blocking the doorway or stairs.

Malick

Heh, that's what stun-rods are for :D

Sophisanmus

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 09:15:08 pm »
I like the pushing idea.  Hopefully it would cost less TU hopefully than whipping out a cattle prod and toasting the hapless civvie.