project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Random city decorations  (Read 3608 times)

Offline Danimal

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Random city decorations
« on: July 31, 2008, 11:41:44 pm »
Work in progress of random models to decorate cities:

Can you think of anything else to include that isnt plants or animals ?(i will start with them later).

Salutes.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 11:47:12 pm by Danimal »

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Random city decorations
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 03:16:46 am »
Satellite dishes maybe?

Sophisanmus

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 05:28:55 am »
Yes, more complex shapes, or those with odd angles, are more needed.  The rightmost item, for instance.  Most of the others seem to me to be easily reproducible in the mission editor just using brushes.  Objects like dishes, flora, odd-shaped vehicles, fancy street- and building-lights, bent or otherwise deformed versions of simpler objects, etc.  You may want to

Though take what I say with a grain of salt.  I'm not a project member; if you want to get more specifics, pay attention to the people in the know (like BTAxis, above).  I would suggest you have a look at the editor, as well, as you could also contribute brush prefabs of some of the simpler objects you would like to model, which could be used and altered by mappers quicker.  It may also help you get a better feel for what sort of models are needed.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 05:37:21 am by Sophisanmus »

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 06:52:53 am »
Correct. Models are most useful when they are shaped in ways that are hard to do with brushes. That includes curves and high complexity.

Offline Danimal

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 07:20:01 am »
even at the risk of appearing ignorant, where can i find the editor? my first time hearing about it.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 07:50:50 am »
The map editor of choice for most of us is GTKradiant. You can compile it yourself or you can find a binary package on http://mattn.ninex.info/?page=Download. Tutorials can be found on the wiki.

You can use any Q2 map editor though.