project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Global Warming gets the Cold Freeze  (Read 25470 times)

Offline EchizenR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Global Warming gets the Cold Freeze
« on: June 16, 2008, 06:32:24 am »
Global Warming gets the Cold Freeze
Global warming hoax exposed by record global cold

by F. William Engdahl

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=8583

The media and governmental hype over a danger from global warming that already is allegedly causing the polar icecaps to melt and threaten a global climate catastrophe, looks more and more like the political hype it is. This year to date, snow cover over North America and much of Siberia, Mongolia and China is greater than at any time since 1966.

According to the US National Climatic Data Center (NCDC) many American cities and towns have suffered record cold temperatures in January and early February. According to the NCDC, the average temperature in January "was - 0.3 F cooler than the 1901-2000 average."

China is surviving its most brutal winter in one hundred years. Temperatures in the normally mild south were low for so long that some middle-sized cities went weeks without electricity because once power lines had toppled it was too cold or too icy to repair them.

There have been so many snow and ice storms in Ontario and Quebec in the past two months that the real estate market has been hurt as home buyers have stayed home. In just the first two weeks of February, Toronto received 70 cm of snow, breaking the record of 66.6 cm for the entire month set back in 1950.

Arctic Ice Melt has Reversed

One of the most dramatic results of the record cold over much of the planet is the reversal of the much-reported melt of the icebergs in the Arctic Ocean. Last autumn the world was alarmed to hear from certain climatologists that the ice in the Arctic had melted to its "lowest levels on record." What was carefully omitted from those scare stories was the fact that those records only date back as far as 1972, and that there is anthropological and geological evidence of much greater melts in the past.

Now, as a result of the recent record cold weather, the ice is back. According to Gilles Langis, a senior forecaster with the Canadian Ice Service in Ottawa, the Arctic winter has been so severe the ice has not only recovered, it is actually 10 to 20 cm thicker in many places than at this time last year.

What few people know and what the Global Warming lobby seems at pains to keep known is the fact that there is considerable seasonal variation in how much pack ice of the Arctic ice pack covers the Arctic Ocean. Much of the ocean is also covered in snow for about 10 months of the year. The maximum snow cover is in March or April- about 20 to 50 centimeters over the frozen ocean. The thickness is not one of the universal constants, never was.

Admit flawed Climate Model

There is also admission by several intellectually honest climatologists that their predictive models are flawed. Robert Toggweiler of the Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory at Princeton University and Joellen Russell, assistant professor of biogeochemical dynamics at the University of Arizona, two very prominent climate modellers, recently admitted that the computer models that show polar ice-melt cooling the oceans, stopping the circulation of warm equatorial water to northern latitudes and triggering another Ice Age (as in the fictional movie The Day After Tomorrow) are wrong. In a recent interview Russell said,"It's not ice melt, but rather wind circulation that drives ocean currents northward from the tropics. Climate models until now have not properly accounted for the wind's effects on ocean circulation, so researchers have compensated by over-emphasizing the role of man-made warming on polar ice melt." Now that's very interesting.

When professors Toggweiler and Russell reprogrammed their model to include the 40-year cycle of winds away from the equator, then back towards it again, the role of ocean currents bringing warm southern waters to the north was obvious in the recent Arctic warming.

Russian climatologists believe recent weather changes around the globe are results of solar activity and not man-made emissions. Oleg Sorokhtin, a fellow of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences, calls the argument for man-made climate change "a drop in the bucket." His research shows that now the recent very active solar activity has entered an inactive phase. He advised people to "stock up on fur coats."

Kenneth Tapping of Canada's National Research Council, who oversees a giant radio telescope focused on the sun, is convinced we are in for a long period of severely cold weather if sunspot activity does not pick up soon. The last time the sun was this inactive, Earth suffered the Little Ice Age that lasted about five centuries and ended in 1850. Crops failed through killer frosts and drought. Famine, plague and war were widespread. Harbours froze, so did rivers, and trade ceased.

The Global Warming Geopolitics

The recent Global Warming hysteria is in reality a geopolitical push by leading global elite circles to find a way to get the broader populations to willingly accept drastic cuts in their living standards, something that were it demanded without clear reason by politicians, would spark strikes and protest. The UN's latest IPCC report on Global Warming calls for diverting a huge 12% of global GDP to "prevent the harmful effects of climate change." The UN report, for example, estimated that its recommendations to reduce certain man-made emissions would cost about $2,750 per family per year in the price of energy.

Today there are two principal policy options of the Anglo-American power establishment to impose their further control over a world that is rapidly slipping out from under them. We might call them Plan A and Plan B for short.

The first, Plan A, was the option represented by Bush-Cheney and the big oil and military industrial complex behind them. Cheney and his close Houston friend, Matt Simmons, propagated the myth of Peak Oil to lull populations into accepting the inevitability of $100 a barrel or even higher oil prices. In the meantime, the relative strength of the Big Oil and the related US military establishment grew with higher oil prices.

Their global War on Terror provided a cover or pretext to justify military control over the major oil reserves and oil transit passages of the world. From Iraq to Afghanistan to Kosovo, the US and NATO agenda was aimed at future control of the extraordinary economic powers emerging from Russia to China to India to Brazil and Venezuela and beyond. Through China's effective diplomacy in Africa, many African countries are on the brink of slipping out from under the US or British control into Chinese or more independent status.

If John McCain becomes the next choice of the US power elites to be President, that will signal that that military and oil agenda will escalate, especially as the USA sinks into a severe economic depression in coming months.

The second broad faction of maintaining their control over the greater part of the world economy, Plan B, sees Global Warming and "soft power" as embodied in the organs of the United Nations and IMF and World Bank as the more suitable vehicle to convince people to willingly accept drastic reduction in living standards.

Barack Obama, the apparent choice of the same elites as a "breath of change" to allow them to regroup after the debacle of the Bush-Cheney years, would likely opt for the second faction of the global elite- the Global Warming option to lowering general living standards, 'Plan B' of the Anglo-American establishment. In a recent campaign speech in Wallingford Pennsylvania, Mr. Obama replied to a question about Al Gore, the hero of Global Warming. As President, Obama said he would consider putting Al Gore in a Cabinet-level position-or higher. He stated, "I will make a commitment that Al Gore will be at the table and play a central part in us figuring out how we solve this problem. He's somebody I talk to on a regular basis. I'm already consulting with him in terms of these issues but climate change is real."

The two major global factions

Today there are two major factions within the Western political power establishment internationally. They cooperate and share broad elitist goals, but differ fundamentally on how to reach these goals. Foremost is their goal of sharply controlling global economic growth and population growth. The first faction is best described as the Rockefeller Faction. It has a global power base and is today best represented by the Bush family faction which got their start, as I document in my book, as hired hands for the powerful Rockefeller machine. The Rockefeller faction has for more than a century based its power and influence on control of oil and on use of the military to secure that control. It is personified in the man who is since 2001 de facto President in terms of decision-making- Dick Cheney....

P.S I recently added more of the original article, but for some reasons, it won't fit. So, don't think this is all, refer to the above URL for the whole article
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 08:06:00 am by EchizenR »

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: Global Warming gets the Cold Freeze
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 02:10:41 am »
I've told people locally for over a year that they should accept "global climate change" as opposed to "global climate warming."

Actually, I don't take either side in the debate, I've seen arguments on both sides that make sense.  My view is that I simply don't know - I'm aware changes are going on, but every time someone runs a computer simulation they can't include all the relevant data (there's just too friggin' much of it) and so they always get radically different results.

I recall seeing on the (TV) news back in the pre-internet days a similar debate, with one side saying very little will be different by now, and others saying that everyone in the United States will have moved to Canada by the 21st Century because it would be too hot down south.

I've looked at both sides, and honestly I don't know who to believe anymore.

Hmmmm, I see this Off-Topic section has gone all-out with everything, including both politics and religion...

...I'm not sure what types of threads to expect next - I suppose I could post a cooking recipe for my version of chocolate and peanut butter cornbread treats/muffins, if anyone's interested.

(I actually do like to experiment with baking my own variations of things for muffins, squares, etc.  I sometimes grab muffin mix of various types from the grocery store - corn being my personal favorite - and add extra ingredients to the mix, sometimes with impressive results, sometimes not.)

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 03:09:16 am »
Now you're just being off-topic. But then this is the off-topic forum, so that would make you on-topic. Hmm. A version of the liar's paradox? on-topic <=> off-topic.

Offline EchizenR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 08:19:12 am »
I've told people locally for over a year that they should accept "global climate change" as opposed to "global climate warming."

Actually, I don't take either side in the debate, I've seen arguments on both sides that make sense.  My view is that I simply don't know - I'm aware changes are going on, but every time someone runs a computer simulation they can't include all the relevant data (there's just too friggin' much of it) and so they always get radically different results.

The phrase "climate change" is BS, the climate is always changing! The sticking point of man-caused global warming is a global tax. Such a tax would in effect create a feudal society where everyone is enslaved monetarily to those fear-mongerers. Economic warfare on the common man to centralise power, both economic and political in a world government.

In the first place, CO2 does not cause global warming. In the decades before WWII, temperatures rose continually, yet industry was in its infancy. After WWII, when CO2 levels were rising as industrialisation picked up, temperatures fell until the early 70s, which was a period of economic recession as well. So clearly, CO2 and temperature has little, if no link at all. The documentary "The Great Global Warming Swindle" is a good watch for anyone interested.

If you still think that Man is causing global warming, then WTF are other planets in the solar system experiencing climate change as well?
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/november2006/161106suvjupiter.htm

And recently, a petition organised by scientists of the Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine has gathered 31,000+ signatures by fellow scientists, which includes 9000+ Ph.Ds, rejecting the claim that human emissions of greenhouse gases cause global warming.
http://www.petitionproject.org/

Now thats CONSENSUS. AL Gore and his Malthusian cronies at the UN are nothing more than just liars out to scam the people of Earth. You go green, while they reap the greenbacks.

The current environmental scare is just to scam people into accepting more global governance for a problem that doesn't even exist. As 'Jackass' Chirac, the former French PM said, it doesn't matter if global warming exists or not, its useful as the "first component of an authenic global governance". Said like a true elitist and the enemy of the people.

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 08:23:12 pm »
Bah...Earth is getting f*** up. Who cares how you call it. Semantics. Something has to be done about it before we kill ourselves.

Speaking of which, I did a paper on Global Warming... 3 months of Data gathering...you can't believe how much useless and false info you can get on the net. 3 friggin months..and most of that time was spent trying to sort things out, finding just WTF is really going on!

Results of my research?
Let me put it this way...Mr. Gore was right (in general).

Speaking of which EchizenR, that solar system change data is not correct. Only 3 planets experienced temperature increase of any kind. Even if all did, that doesn't say much, since we know so little of the climate cycles on other planets that the data would be inconclusive, to put it mildly.

Oh, you shouldn't believe everything your read on the internet b.t.w. Honestly, you shouldn't believe ANYTHING you read..90% of the stuff out there on any subject is utter bull****.

Offline EchizenR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 09:59:24 am »
What would you address the temperature-C02 discrepancies in the past?

And what about that petition which collected over 31,000 signatories rejecting the mainstream theory of global warming? Thats a scam too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEE2RkG-ssc
Just as we need oxygen to breath, plants need CO2. Isn't it logical that more CO2 means better plant growth. And thats just the case, as pointed out in that documentary.

I don't believe everything I read on the Net. No one can claim to know everything. But as one learns, one has to revise his knowledge right? Don't believe everything that the mainstream says.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 10:59:44 am by EchizenR »

Offline BAM

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 04:00:26 pm »
Considering temperature fluctuations are normal, people should really focus on saving fossil fuels. Imagine what'll happen after those are gone...

Speaking of the temperature, you also have to consider the Earth's energy source - the sun. CO2 trapping heat makes less of a difference if the sun is simply sending more heat.

Offline Darkpriest667

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 04:34:15 pm »
Is anyone in this discussion a meteorologist??  With a specialty in climatology?

NO? thought not.

Here are the FACTS ... not a bunch of opinions which i just spend almost an hour of my time reading (including your links)

1.   ACCURATE climate data for North America is 250 years old at best and for Europe 400 years.  For Asia and Australia about 200 years. 

2.   No matter what the U.N. or any other organization says... Scientists worldwide are still in a huge argument about these things
a)   The amount of temperature fluctuation the Earth is currently experiencing.
b)   Whether or not the temperature is actually rising or declining
c)   Whether or not a temperature fluctuation of 1 Celsius per century is normal or abnormal climate differential.

3.   Ice core samples are NOT  an accurate scientific measurement of past temperatures.   The only thing Ice core samples tell us is how much water was frozen on the earth.   That can change as the dinosaurs found out in about 3 months.

4.   It has long been known that Earth's temperature changes and climate changes have always been caused by 3 major events
a)   a NEO (near earth object) strike
b)   a major volcanic eruption
c)   solar flares and changes in solar activity

5.   For those of you that think humans are just an evil pestilence that are killing the earth take these few tidbits into account

a)   Major Human industrialization has produced less than 5% of the amount of greenhouse gases put out by a volcano called krakatoa that Erupted in July of 1883. 

In the year following the eruption, average global temperatures fell by as much as 1.2 degrees Celsius. Weather patterns continued to be chaotic for years, and temperatures did not return to normal until 1888. The eruption injected an unusually large amount of sulfur dioxide (SO2) gas high into the stratosphere which was subsequently transported by high-level winds all over the planet. This led to a global increase in sulfurous acid (H2SO3) concentration in high-level cirrus clouds. The resulting increase in cloud reflectivity (or albedo) would reflect more incoming light from the sun than usual, and cool the entire planet until the suspended sulfur fell to the ground as acid precipitation.[9]

Its important to note the ecosystem of the entire planet and the temperature loss was recovered within 10 years. 

b)   Industrialized civilization have never been proven to cause the 1 degree celsius temperature change we have experienced over the last century.  The volcano I mentioned caused it in a matter of mere weeks.

Its surprising that people are continually pushing this global warming theory and trying to make humans feel evil and unconstructive when it comes to taking care of the Earth. Especially the "eco bashing" of the United States, who has been more involved in developing cleaner safer energy production techniques than any other CONTINENT. 

While China and India Start their industrial revolutions.  The United States has taken the forefront on fossil fuel criticism.   

So before any of ya'll go holier than thou on me learn hindi or mandarin and go gripe at them if you believe Global warming is true...

One last note for you gentlemen and ladies.   in 1972 the same scientists spreading the word of doom about global warming were and i quote "absolutely convinced that there will be an ice age within 50 years     2025 is coming up soon feels the same outside as the day I was born

My advice.  Until we have more solid climate data we should stop bitching about global warming and maybe spend our scientific genius trying to accomplish a few more noteworthy goals.

1-   Food production techniques - this year 800 MILLION people will starve... not to death mind you only about 50 million will die of malnutrition... However that means about 1 in 6 of us arent getting enough food to live a full productive life.

2-   Water purification techniques - only 20% of the world (mostly north america) has an actual clean water supply.  Thats right Europe Asia Africa all have serious water problems.. European lakes and rivers have been contaminated (not drinkable) since the 1300s.

I think that global warming is a scare tactic and a waste of our valuable resources... with only at best 400 years of climatic data on the Earths actual temperatures and atmospheric conditions I think its safe to say that we know jack shit about the climate changes earth has and will endure.   Im not saying that Global warming isnt happening or wont happen... However, I think its quite arrogant to think that civilization can cause a major climate event.   The past events that have caused climate change were more powerful than 1000 nuclear bombs going off (neo's and volcanoes).   

Offline Nevasith

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 08:16:15 pm »
   1-   Food production techniques - this year 800 MILLION people will starve... not to death mind you only about 50 million will die of malnutrition... However that means about 1 in 6 of us arent getting enough food to live a full productive life.
Its mostly the consequence of overcrowding in some regions. It would be better for everyone to bring there contraception and better medical/social care so the people there dont have to breed like rabbits. An average couple need to have many children in hope some of them will be able to support them when they are old and weak. All the children that survive will continue breeding chain
   2-   Water purification techniques - only 20% of the world (mostly north america) has an actual clean water supply.  Thats right Europe Asia Africa all have serious water problems.. European lakes and rivers have been contaminated (not drinkable) since the 1300s.
Could you please tell me more about it? Ive been drinking European water for many years and i suffered no problems at all- moreover the water quality has even improved recently.
1300s? What has polluted the water?

Offline BAM

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 03:26:07 am »
Wether it's a hoax or not, I think the point of the hype is to gradually shift people from fossil fuels. If people continue using them until depletion, no one will be able to get around in their gasoline-guzzling cars until a substitute is found. This would devastate economies and possibly cause other various problems. A switch may also preserve them for the future if there were to be a sudden need of them.

Offline EchizenR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 05:57:00 am »
Thank you Darkpriest for that enjoyable read. Its rare that I find someone that is able to see through the lies of the mainstream media and the establishment. It is true that its a waste of resources. One bill that the US Congress is debating regarding global warming would shrink the US economy by 2-3 trillion dollars, a contraction comparable to the Great Depression.

Regarding food shortages and other ills plaguing the needy, considering all things as well as the global warming scare and its so-called solution of global taxation, there's a Malthusian agenda being pushed through by the political darklords in order to pave the way for world government and population reduction.

You may want to take a look at this:
The Global Crisis: Food, Water and Fuel. Three Fundamental Necessities of Life in Jeopardy
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=9191

In 2006, the UN FAO admitted that enough food is being produced for 6.6 billion people to have an adequate diet. Yet, more than 800 million people experience extreme hungry. I would thank the WTO and their corporate criminals Monsanto and Cargil for that.

Admittedly, my opinions aren't as authoritative as yours as my credentials are minimal, but sometimes, its beneficial to look through the filters of others.

Offline Darkpriest667

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 12:00:34 pm »
Its mostly the consequence of overcrowding in some regions. It would be better for everyone to bring there contraception and better medical/social care so the people there dont have to breed like rabbits. An average couple need to have many children in hope some of them will be able to support them when they are old and weak. All the children that survive will continue breeding chainCould you please tell me more about it? Ive been drinking European water for many years and i suffered no problems at all- moreover the water quality has even improved recently.
1300s? What has polluted the water?

ive never met anyone that would drink the water directly from a european river.  same thing in asia. I've drank from several rivers in north america that were very clean.   

Most of the european water pollution is not from industrial waste but rather bio waste.. Dead bodies from 800 years of war and pestilence.  has little to do with industrialization and more to do with sanitary disposal of human bodies. Especially in rivers that more than one major conflict has existed on such as the Elbe and the Danube.

The Chinese and indian water sources are mostly polluted from another reason.  Residential waste.  Bathing, throwing out fecies etc... this has caused rivers like the yellow river and the ganges river to become almost completely undrinkable. (even with modern filtration)

That clean water you are talking about is from a processing plant where some pretty serious filtration is going on..   Im talking about the ability to pump water straight from a well and drink it.. Which yes they do that in some areas of asia.. but they also die of dysentery a lot :D go take a big gulp of the danube and get back to me in a few months :D
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 12:04:32 pm by Darkpriest667 »

Offline Nevasith

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 12:51:44 pm »
True - id never drink river water from other source than a mountain spring directly- which i used to do. Rivers are not polluted by dead bodies, but the bacteria and water plants that are dangerous- they breed well in often warm water of middle europe and make it useless without prior boiling.
The filtered water used to be poisonous as well before boiling- because of the chemicals were used to clean it- now their place took ozone pumped into water and thusly killing all life forms. Dont ask me about technical details as ive never been to a water pump station, but i guess its like big aquarium oxygen pump.
European water is not that deadly its just dirty and full of water plants.If so many animals drink it and live it shouldnt kill a human as well.
Now we have many industrial wastes and much bigger problem:
The MAIN POISONER OF WATER ARE FARMERS spilling chemicals over their fields. Dangerous pesticides and insecticides massively flow into the ground waters and get to the rivers. 

Offline Darkpriest667

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 12:56:59 am »
where do you think the appropriate environment for breeding some of that deadly bacteria came from.

disposal of human bodies and fecies lol...

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 06:44:26 pm »
What would you address the temperature-C02 discrepancies in the past?

What discrepancies? What charts are you using? I've seen completely different charts thrown around that ranged from absolute zero temperatures to surface of the sun warming. Most of them are crap.

And what about that petition which collected over 31,000 signatories rejecting the mainstream theory of global warming? Thats a scam too?

So you came across a article that sez 31.000 scientists sighting that petition? Let me ask you - how do you know that article is the truth? How do you know there actually was that many signatures? Assuming you click a link and you got a list of 30000 names, how do you know any of the people on the list actually exist or they are scientists? Common folk don't have the resources or the time to check it out so they just take this things for granted.

Finally, given the number of scientists in the world, and the number of scientists working for various companies that do contribute to global warming, 30000 is not a big number. Don't forget that most of those signatures could very well be people who were told "sign this or you're fired!".

Just as we need oxygen to breath, plants need CO2. Isn't it logical that more CO2 means better plant growth. And thats just the case, as pointed out in that documentary.
Plants also use O2, when in the shadow or at night.