project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Rescue Mission  (Read 3384 times)

Glaucus

Rescue Mission
« on: June 15, 2008, 08:14:42 am »
I have been playing the game quite a bit lately and I really like it. I lost a firebird drop ship while it was returning from my last mission with 8 of my favourite soldiers on board.  :'( But, it got me thinking. If you can go out and try to recover crashed UFO's, maybe it would make an interesting mission to try and recover a downed firebird. You could retrieve equipment and any surviving soldiers. Maybe the soldiers involved in the crash would be scattered across the map and couldn't be controlled (like civilians), or maybe they're wounded/ unconscious and immobile. The rescue team would have to race to protect them before the aliens killed them off.

Any thoughts?

Offline Falion

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Rescue Mission
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 04:27:04 pm »
Here is a tip for you, "SAVE" before you send your Firebird out on a mission. Do this ALWAYS !! If your attacked and it goes down...just reload, then use your geoscape time function...wait a few minutes...hours...whatever...and try sending it out on the mission. If you time it right the UFO shooting you down, will have moved on to some other area and your Firebird and crew will be fine.

Good idea anyhow, is to save right before doing every mission, as if you get wiped, or lose a team member that you like / want you can just reload and go again.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 12:12:04 am by Falion »

Glaucus

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 04:40:53 am »
I do save; both before and after each mission. With a bit of a detour, I could get the firebird back without being shot down. But, the "save-reload" isn't very satisfying. I think being able to go in, perform some heroic deeds and get some payback would be. It would make for some interesting tactical decisions, like which of your crash victims to try to protect first, or how many risks you take to quickly find and take out the aliens. Maybe you would have a dedicated "rescue squad" made up of the fastest soldiers at your disposal.

cjhxl

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 05:19:29 am »
Build more base, covered all visible area, then you can detect UFO show up with your base radar. Send out your Interceptor or let your Firebird keep away from UFO Aircraft, it is possible to save your Firebird and team.

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 09:05:37 am »
I quite like the idea.

There are currently some multiplayer game type proposals linked to from here.

http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Gameplay_Proposals

maybe start a new page for campaign mission types. There were some other good mission type ideas on the forum recently, too.