project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Item duplication on transfer bug  (Read 4963 times)

Istrian

Item duplication on transfer bug
« on: June 07, 2008, 02:07:23 pm »
I've transferred some equipment between two bases and upon arrival I notice that the destination base has received more items than I sent. Now I have about 30+ of each item, including things I'm not even supposed to have, like UFOs (of each of the six types), bloodspider weapons, particle weapons, etc...

Unfortunately for me, I saved my game after ordering the transfer so now every time I load my save and wait until the transfer completes I get the same result. Is there any way to cancel a transfer ?

I'm running version 2.2.1 under Windows XP.

Offline DanielOR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Item duplication on transfer bug
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 10:08:12 pm »
...and that is a bad thing?  You just got tons of free gear!  Sort of humanitarian aid from space... ;D

Offline BAM

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 10:24:25 pm »
Yes, that's a bad thing; what about people who actually want a challenging game?

Offline DanielOR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 12:39:46 am »
Well...  it is a bug.  The ultra-dedicated, in the interim, can sell the excess gear and spend the money on ubundant uninstalled base defense systems that take up zero storage space.  The mone can be, effectively, donated.

Offline Darkpriest667

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 02:02:52 pm »
Yes, that's a bad thing; what about people who actually want a challenging game?

put it on the hardest difficulty setting even with this bug you will find it more than challenging..

on my first hard level game i went into a mission with t he only 5 soldiers available to the phalanx project.. and i reran the battle 6 times best case scenario was 2 wounded 3 dead.... the equipment will be the least of your problems.

Offline DanielOR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 06:15:00 pm »
eeek.  Maybe I will try hard level, next.  Very Hard looks somewhat rediculous a this point - the quarter damage us / quad damage them.

Before I am accused of being a whimp, I play UFO:EU on "superhuman" only, with hardly ever a reload.

Offline Darkpriest667

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 10:49:32 pm »
lol you are more of a badass than me.. I could never play xcom the original on anything higher than genius.. s uperhuman was just too hard

Offline DanielOR

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 08:53:00 am »
Darkpriest: thank you, though this compliment speaks somewhat to the number of hours spent with that game.  I suppose everyone here is, to some degree, guilty of addiction to the XCOM series.   ;D  Geeks, unite!

Offline break19

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 03:32:12 am »
<- never played -ANY- of the XCOMs... does that make me a bad person? lol

break19

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 12:40:23 pm »
Unfortunately it makes you a heretic. I'm afraid we're going to have to burn you at the stake now.

kh

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 11:14:11 pm »
I think I was hit by something like this, too. I played the current Windows version, 2.2.1, and created a second base. It might have to do with me transferring something over to there, I don't know, but when I checked again I had about 60 items of lots of things, stuff that's quite expensive like aircraft armor and weaponry, things like UFOs, and even stuff that I never saw in the game before, like Miniguns. I'll create a post and add it to the other things that I found while playing.