project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: FPS mode not working and mines darkened out  (Read 2253 times)

feydras

FPS mode not working and mines darkened out
« on: September 07, 2008, 07:04:07 am »
Hitting the v key does not take me to FPS mode.  Is this not enabled or am i missing something?

The mine is very cool looking but pretty much unplayable.  The surface building to the south was darkened out for me even after i entered it and once i got down into the mines it was nearly impossible to see where my soldiers were at.  Are IR goggles not working or do i just not know how to activate them?  I tried to select them by clicking on them in the icon during the tactical mission screens but nothing happens.  They are equiped.

Thanks for any help!

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: FPS mode not working and mines darkened out
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 10:42:38 am »
FPS mode only available if you're not in isometric mode, check video options.
IR googles not working yet.

-geever

Offline shevegen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: FPS mode not working and mines darkened out
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 02:08:00 am »
User Interface Idea:
- When a key is hit that has no "known" function, a little info could be shown that tells the user that this is not working.

Or, when it is working only somewhere else, it could tell the user where it works - like the above reply did

This includes hints. Personally I would not mind messages like "currently not implemented". :)

Edit: I just realized that I forgot one important aspect :/ a user might accidentally hit a key and this
popup/info could then become annoying. So maybe this functionality should be *possible* but by default
it should be turned *off*, and depending on if a user plays an "easy" level, this functionality could be automatically
enabled, whereas expert users will probably play on a higher difficulty, and thus won't necessarily
need this information.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 08:41:46 pm by shevegen »