project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: List of improvement ideas from a new player  (Read 10687 times)

Sacrusha

Re: List of improvement ideas from a new player
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 08:08:35 pm »
Actually, there is a way to make sense of medics, in a way that might add to the gameplay experiance.

Specialized Scientists.

Instead of using workshops, small alien hangars, hospitals, research facilities, etc use different specialized research facilities.
"Hospitals" could be used for autopsies, bionics research, etc, and healing, cybernetic upgrades.
"Workshops" might be used for personal combat equipment research and production.
"Alien Hangars" would probably be used for ship research and production.

Of course the names do not fit at all.

Offline Winter

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 09:58:48 pm »
Actually, there is a way to make sense of medics, in a way that might add to the gameplay experiance.

Specialized Scientists.

Instead of using workshops, small alien hangars, hospitals, research facilities, etc use different specialized research facilities.
"Hospitals" could be used for autopsies, bionics research, etc, and healing, cybernetic upgrades.
"Workshops" might be used for personal combat equipment research and production.
"Alien Hangars" would probably be used for ship research and production.

Of course the names do not fit at all.

Yeah, we could do that, if we wanted something even worse and more fiddly than the current system. There's no fun in making research more complicated, only more hassle for the player and for us.

Regards,
Winter

Offline stevenjackson

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 01:30:03 pm »

i've just got around to reading this thread, my only question with regard to the removal of medics is do we have a capacity limit for hospitals or make them unlimited?

Steve

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 01:33:18 pm »
Building more than one hospital will not increase the effect.

Offline stevenjackson

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008, 02:10:38 pm »
I was thinking  more along the lines of say, a hospital at maximum could hold 20 injured soldiers, so, if you had 40 injured soldiers you would need two hospitals.  So in this case  the effect is the same regardless its more a matter of only needing one hospital per base, ever.  Or possibly needing additional hospitals a deal with lots of injuries.

Or do we just have every injured  person able to use the hospital as long as there is one in the base.

Steve
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 02:15:25 am by stevenjackson »

El Furibondo Serna

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2008, 07:32:48 pm »
I was thinking  more along the lines of say, a hospital at maximum could hold 20 injured soldiers, so, if you had 40 injured soldiers you would need two hospitals.  So in this case  the effect is the same regardless its more a matter of only needing one hospital per base, ever.  Or possibly needing additional hospitals a deal with lots of injuries.

Or do we just have every injured  person able to use the hospital as long as there is one in the base.

Steve
i wonder how u can get 40 soldiers injured =)

i want to make everybody notice this thing:
when u create a new base and try to build facilities in it, the bottom-left part of base space is not available, as it's covered by the portion of interface that describes the facility. this is awful IMHO.
anyway i will try to do useful critics, but i have to say to all the staff that this game is really WONDERFUL, it's very detailed and it's easy too see the lot of work standing behind the game.
sorry for my english, i'm italian =)

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 12:44:25 pm »
Never fear, that is much better than I would do in Italian.

El Furibondo Serna

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2008, 05:46:46 pm »
Never fear, that is much better than I would do in Italian.
lol ;D

Offline Darkpriest667

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2008, 04:11:15 pm »
if i buy a hospital i expect the doctor and nurses to be part of the operating cost... also i dont expect them to live on site unless needed..

1) removing medics is a genius idea

2) hospitals should come equipped with most needed equipment/robotics (2084 folks) to do the job without the use of "medics"   
a medic is for short term emergency care.. there is a large difference between a medic and a doctor

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2008, 11:55:20 pm »
Finally, just a footnote in the costs doesn't account for the medics living space. It just doesn't make any sense that they shouldn't need a place to sleep while soldiers, workers and scientists do.

Unlike scientists and engineers, doctors and nurses tend to be on call.  It's called residency, they reside in the hospital.

Offline Darkpriest667

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2008, 03:30:48 pm »
Unlike scientists and engineers, doctors and nurses tend to be on call.  It's called residency, they reside in the hospital.

Which means the living space is part of the hospital and shouldnt take my living quarters space.. Besides quarantine is mandatory in any military facility dealing with alien biologicals or I'd assume it is.   Meaning the doctors operating on patient A that just got blasted with an unknown alien weapon would in no way be in contact with the general population on the base.