project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Missing Medium Alien Armour Proposal  (Read 3304 times)

Nila

Missing Medium Alien Armour Proposal
« on: April 21, 2008, 07:33:02 pm »
Hi

I've just finished researching Medium Alien Armour and have received the research results email. Quoted from the email: "The proposal should be in your queue now, Commander". But there were no proposal in my mail box. Is it ok? Should I receive this proposal later? Or maybe I need to complete some another research first?

Thank you in advance.

And thank you for this great game!

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Medium Alien Armour Proposal
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 10:53:17 pm »
the nanocomposite armour is currently the best available armour in the campaign. The reason that more armour types are not available yet is lack of contributors.

Offline Falion

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 01:58:10 am »
Think many of us would like to contribute...but we lack "any" skills whatsoever in that department. Guess, we'll just have to be patient, until someone skilled can help with that eventually. Sure be nice to eventually have some powered armor like X-com, or something similar. I won't even mention having rocket packs....opps I said I wouldn't mention... :)

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 02:11:10 am »
That's just an excuse though. If you really want to contribute, learn.

Offline Falion

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 02:23:17 am »
Know where your coming from, but I wasn't meaning me specifically. I really have 0 skills in any area of programming, modeling or any such thing. 45 years old...4 kids, school...oh and Kenpo training 4-5 nights a week with the kids...not much time for learning the skills needed here. I barely have time to get in a little gaming a couple nights a week. I do think it's true though, that some of us visiting this site, wish we had skills already so we could help right now...not 6 months or a year down the road trying to learn stuff we have absolutely no clue about.

Offline shevegen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 02:23:39 pm »
I guess what he basically means is that - forget about programming, focus on art stuff. ;-)

I also think it is not totally important to have the best art available from the start.
Wesnoth used to have crappy graphics but having crappy graphics allowed t hem to
continue, and replace them eventually

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 07:03:39 pm »
The reason that more armour types are not available yet is lack of contributors.

The modeling for the next generation armor appears to done, judging by what's available in multiplay.  What's lacking to bring that into the campaign game?  Just a descriptions of the item/research project and an extra clause in the research.ufo file?