project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Original Alien Ideas  (Read 10555 times)

Robbos

Original Alien Ideas
« on: April 19, 2008, 02:09:33 am »
A long time ago i wrote up a space based rpg (I write/publish rpgs as a hobby) called Dead Orbit (yet to be released, i got lazy) with a few original aliens. Greys, Havaar, Reapers, and Tik'Ha and Serva

Obviously greys aren't original. As for the Havaar, my idea of them was basically the same as Ortnoks. The ones i am really going to mention are the three latter.

The Serva: Bipedal medium sized creatures that hunch over while keeping their weapon hand raised in the air menacingly. Their weapons are symbiotic creatures that latch onto their arms.

The serva are red skinned monsters with an array of bony spikes on their backs and several short tentacles where their mouth is, the tentacles grasp food and put it into their small mouth opening. There are three types of serva. The first wields a single symbiotic blade that has latched to its arm, this blade is large and bony. The second wields a creature latched to its arm that spits a glob of acidic saliva that breaks down biotic matter that it touches. Its less useful against metallic armor, but clothing and phalanx light armor is chewed through in less than a second.  The last variety is a larger black version of the first type.

Tik'Ha: These insectile humanoids stand at 4" and their arms are a set of inherent blades that can cut through heavy armor in seconds. Their legs have a set of advanced glands that allow them to close distance with enemy's quickly. Though they are killing machines, they lack a brain, instead their thought are given to them by a nearby hive creature. The two types of hive creatures are praetors and queens. Praetors are double size as drones, have a extra set of blade arms, and have grown two acid spewing sacs in its mouth, allowing it to attack at distance.

The queen however... is usually big enough to climb up a new york skyscraper, and then its arm blades cut cut it in half, then it could push the section it cut off downwards and jump to another skyscraper. Four acid spewers, three sets of gigantic blade arms, 50" tall, weighs a good couple a hundred tons. Any PHALANX soldiers nightmare. Luckily queens are rare and only live inside the underground caves that the tik'ha call home.

And finally, the reapers: Reapers are rare, 10", purple skinned humanoids with only two large yellow eyes visable on their round hairless heads. Reapers are masters of staff combat, and are psionicly adept; and are as a result able to emit a mental barrier that can block just about anything. the disadvantage is that this barrier can be destroyed and takes a few hours to reassemble. The reaper wields a scythe and can jump up to ledges when he wants to. Reapers are usually only found in bases and on capitol ships. Even then only one will be present.

Any suggestions and feedback are apreciated

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Original Alien Ideas
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 08:52:52 am »
I look forward to seeing the models.

Robbos

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 08:16:36 pm »
I am not too good at the modelling part. help would be appreciated.

I will mess around a bit with blender and find some tutorials. Eventually i will be able to roll out something good.

Offline Chriswriter90

• Squad Leader
  • Zilla Response Unit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 07:38:53 am »
COOL ;D

What else has anyone thought of?

We need flying enemies, but I can't come up with anything original :'(
Maybe something like Halo's Drones or X-com's Floaters.

Edit: UH OH :o this belongs in the  "Alien Ideas" Thread
http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=2361.0
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 07:43:28 am by Chriswriter90 »

Offline shevegen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 01:45:14 pm »
What else has anyone thought of?
*thinks about models*

Offline Psawhn

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 07:10:34 am »
We already have a robotic hovering alien. :)
(To see animations: http://psawhn.deviantart.com/art/Alien-Hoverbot-Animation-68398741)

The problem, as has been stated already in other threads, is that ideas are easy to come up with. The hard part is making the content itself. For aliens that means:
Modeling
Texturing
Rigging/Animation

Offline Chriswriter90

• Squad Leader
  • Zilla Response Unit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 03:39:13 am »
Edit: UH OH :o this belongs in the  "Alien Ideas" Thread

Let's try to keep this in one thread from now on, ok ;)

Offline Psawhn

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 05:29:22 am »
Doesn't really matter. My response was specifically towards your "need flying enemies," and so would have been out of place in the other thread. :)

Offline Chriswriter90

• Squad Leader
  • Zilla Response Unit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 12:29:06 am »
We already have a robotic hovering alien. :)
(To see animations: http://psawhn.deviantart.com/art/Alien-Hoverbot-Animation-68398741)

One of the unused UGV models is a Hover-bot, it could be reverse-engineered from your alien Hover-bot ;D

I found two UGV models by browsing the in-game UFO-Pedia.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 12:31:36 am by Chriswriter90 »

Captain Bipto

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 06:38:30 pm »
So you guys have a flying alien yet or not cos I am drawing one up, and having a ball...I could always sketch around the UGV models you posted.  Lemme know please.

Robbos

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 03:24:57 pm »
When i said any comments i meant ones that were about my ideas chris and other psawn. your both off topic just to let you know.

But anyways i have had these particular critters sitting in my game for awhile. and i felt it would be cool to actually be able to see them cut up phalanx soldiers.