project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: List of bugs that I have encountered, as well as a few ideas  (Read 4006 times)

LtChae

For the reference of the developers and other players
(Translate: "You're not the only one")

"No room in inventory"
Seems to happen after losing most of your squad, and when entering several missions

No music, no sound
Not sure why this is... the files are there, they just aren't playing

Grenade launcher won't fire from second-story windows, maybe the higher ones too, but I haven't checked.

Once on the second story of urban enviroment houses, my men can't get back down, they are stopped at the bottom of the stairs

I'll add more as I encounter them

Also, a few suggestions for features

Training facilities, perhaps a shooting range for the weapon-based skills, a gym for speed, power, etc. Not sure what to do with Mind

More custimisation of the base, i.e. a map editor sort of thing. To let you create your base as you like.

Better sensor equipment, i.e. nightvision goggles, laser targeting goggles, better I.R. goggles, (perhaps have it display the aliens like they would be seen through I.R. to let you know that's how they were seen)

Better A.I., right now, the aliens can see your men through walls it seems, not sure, needs further observation

Thanks

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: List of bugs that I have encountered, as well as a few i
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 09:32:23 am »

Grenade launcher won't fire from second-story windows, maybe the higher ones too, but I haven't checked.

Once on the second story of urban enviroment houses, my men can't get back down, they are stopped at the bottom of the stairs

these errors may be map dependend - which maps did you play? (the console log)

LtChae

List of bugs that I have encountered, as well as a few ideas
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 03:31:45 pm »
Agh, not sure how to pull the logs, ummm, they were both on the green/urban map, the first mission you get

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 03:56:33 pm »
there should be a ufoconsole.log file in base/ folder (if it is a more recent version)

LtChae

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 04:09:38 pm »
I'll see what I can do

saladasalad

Re: List of bugs that I have encountered, as well as a few i
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 05:40:26 pm »
Quote from: "LtChae"

I just encountered this bug in the villaged map.

Konthra7

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 04:25:03 am »
Yeah, kinda ofrgot about the stairs thing. heh heh..

Also, on the map editor idea: That's already there. Try adding a base facility and you'll see what I mean. When a new base is built you'll be able to build it the exact way you want it.

LtChae

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 07:29:40 pm »
I meant that it would be nice to lay out the interior of the rooms, you know, so you could put cover where your men would need it, there would be functional objects to put down, and you'd have to balance defensibility for function.

Maybe some pop-up turrets, sniper holes... etc