project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Anyone ever try to relax the civilian deaths on a mac...  (Read 2504 times)

marksch

Anyone ever try to relax the civilian deaths on a mac...
« on: March 04, 2008, 07:30:10 pm »
i have tried the various ways to do it in the pc forums and i believe i am doing it correctly. basically what i am doing is selecting the ufo application do show package contents go into the base folder. inside there is a file called 0ufos.pk3 and from what i have read the file is basically a zip file. so to modify it i copy it and paste it on my desktop. the i rename it .zip instead of .pk3. then OS X will unzip it for me. once it does that i have a bunch of files i can modify using textedit. i modify the campaign.ufo one. scroll basically all the way down and you will see the different difficulty settings. change values to what you want. and save. then i have tried just putting the files back into base and launch the game that did not work. i have tried repackaging it up into a pk3 file. this does not work either. i am really out of ideas and if any other mac people out there could help it would be appreciated...

Thanks.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone ever try to relax the civilian deaths on a mac...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 01:21:32 pm »
Did you remember to keep the path intact? The .ufo files should go into base/ufos, NOT into base directly.

marksch

Re: Anyone ever try to relax the civilian deaths on a mac...
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 07:49:31 pm »
i figured it out it had to do with the permissions on the file that once i copied it out of the package to modify it it changed the permissions slightly and all i had to do was switch them back. was pretty sure it was something simple...and it doesn't hurt that my twin brother knows everything bout macs so he helped me a bit to figure out why it wasn't working but got it so the civilian deaths are no longer an issue till they remove that from the game and come up with a better penalty system...