project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Bug ? Base Number Limitation and unable to select Aircraft when clicking UFO ?  (Read 6390 times)

ripclaw

Hi there,

I am using V2.2 on Mac OS X 10.4.11 (dual PowerPC G4, Dual Screen)

I think I have discovered 2 Problems:

1.) after building 8 Bases - even in easy - it is impossible to build another one. it is also impossible to demolish one or to demolish buildings.
2.) after you build more than 13 aircraft, the following happens when you click on an arriving ufo: you can only select from the first 13 craft from the bases in the timing order that you built the bases. If you have more than 13 Firebirds, you can only select the first 13 for a mission site, in order of building bases. (there is no scroll bar or such, nor can you deactivate e.g. Firebirds for hunting the UFOs ...)

Things I noted and would find great if it`ld be solveable:
3.) It seems the game only supports a single screen in fullscreen mode, if I select a higher resolution in single window,
I can still use both 17 inch screens... beeing able to run cinerama/xinerama like multi-head displays would make life much easier,
as the little screen space is already taken up by controls.
4.) comparing with the original x-com / ufo game, I am still missing (very badly) the night flare or something like a maglite.
at night everything is black, the only way you can see somthing is by darkening the entire room and turning up gamma to the max.
some kind of in game light source (hand-held maglite, throwable single source light with fixed radius, under barrel light,
grenade-para-flare etc.) would be highly appreciated.

kind regards,
ripclaw

ripclaw

5.) it seems still possible to buy more craft than you have hangars. I have 5 craft in phalanx HQ (2 stiletto, 2 saracen, 1 firebird) and only one large and one small hangar. this is also true for the other bases. also from time to time craft simply disappear (e.g. a base with 3 hangars and one craft is suddenly empty for no reason after loading a savegame).
6.) i get the occasional red globe replacing an alien in-game. it was there, suddenly it turns into a red globe. happened to me on the small warehouse with parking space map and the map with the winding bridge leading up to a level 3.

with regards to the number of bases, i must note that I use some bases mostly as radar+missile defence, 8 bases is too few to scan all of earth.

Offline eleazar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
1.) after building 8 Bases - even in easy - it is impossible to build another one. it is also impossible to demolish one or to demolish buildings.
2.) after you build more than 13 aircraft, the following happens when you click on an arriving ufo: you can only select from the first 13 craft from the bases in the timing order that you built the bases. If you have more than 13 Firebirds, you can only select the first 13 for a mission site, in order of building bases. (there is no scroll bar or such, nor can you deactivate e.g. Firebirds for hunting the UFOs ...)
4.) comparing with the original x-com / ufo game, I am still missing (very badly) the night flare or something like a maglite.

* The 8 base limit is intentional, though obviously the ability to demolish would be better

* scroll your mouse wheel over the list of aircraft, so see more.  Yeah, i know, it's not obvious... I've filed a feature request on that one

* flares are in the works.

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
5.) it seems still possible to buy more craft than you have hangars. I have 5 craft in phalanx HQ (2 stiletto, 2 saracen, 1 firebird) and only one large and one small hangar. this is also true for the other bases. also from time to time craft simply disappear (e.g. a base with 3 hangars and one craft is suddenly empty for no reason after loading a savegame).
This is a known bug that is fixed in trunk (but will not be fixed in 2.2.1)

ripclaw

a what ? scrollwheel ?  hmmm... i have a mac - until i installed ufoai i never needed a second mouse button :)

how about a second type of base: missile+radar only ?
because some times i just dont hav any ufo at all in one sector for a month..... :(
(and the rest of the world is plagued three ways to the moon and back - and you cant even shoot them)

ripclaw

one more thing - medpacks go down to zero shots, but cannot be reloaded and do not get used up like e.g. a grenade.
just guess - you have 4 medpacks in your team, one injury. you try 3 which do not work... because after previous missions
they neither got reloaded nor replaced....  :o

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
one more thing - medpacks go down to zero shots, but cannot be reloaded and do not get used up like e.g. a grenade.
just guess - you have 4 medpacks in your team, one injury. you try 3 which do not work... because after previous missions they neither got reloaded nor replaced....  :o

?!?  I don't see this on the provided OSX binary - my 'Corpsman' characters have been carrying two Medikits each, as i was worried about the kits running out.  They never have, however, so i was just thinking about going down to just one.  What version are you using?

ripclaw

i am using version 2.2 for mac osx on a 10.4.11 osx
i had this reproduceably twice already.

Offline Doctor J

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Using Up Medikits?
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 05:18:42 pm »
Well, i started looking through the source code, and i don't yet see a use count or anything like that associated with medikits, nor with 'heal'.  First time, though, so perhaps i missed something.   :-\  Perhaps some of our expert coders can comment here?

@Ripclaw: Can you tell us what the exact error mesage was?  Also, it would be interesting if you saw the same thing when you start a new game.

ripclaw

hi doc,

this problem does not seem to happen on unsaved games.
as far as to how it happens:
i use a character with 2 medkits already used on a mission before,
have more than 20 time units, stand beside the team-mate in question,
take the medkit into the off-hand and get "0 Reloads" and the "heal" action/shot is grey.
i can still throw the medpack at someone for 20 time units though,...
just an idea, if saving after using a medpack and before the firebird returned to base (something i do quite often) -
does it save the "reloads" ? or may this be a problem with kneeling vs. standing, both hands free vs. keeping primary arm ?
but then it should not say "zero shots" left... - i feel a bit ponderous...

btw, there is no error message, but i already managed to make ufoai "core" once when i click on a non-human occupied field with
a medipack. but i did not get it to reproduce, so this one could have been something else. i don`t know my way through your
sources yet, but if someone can tell me where to start looking, i can take a look myself, too.. as long as it is something c-ish, shell
or ADA.