project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Revision Bug: can't find map, assertion failed crash  (Read 2370 times)

Kamuflaro

Revision Bug: can't find map, assertion failed crash
« on: February 23, 2008, 02:56:46 pm »
Rev. 15163or4 not sure
I have a mission for an ufo crash site, send my firebird after it and start the mission - nothing happens
I check the console and it says a file could not be found... I got the file but the folder is farm, not farmn, that's what it searched for. Ok, I change the folder name and start the mission again and get a crash as soon as I see the map loaded:
Asserion failed!

Program: ...\ufo.exe
File: ..\src\client\cl_actor.c
Line: 3964

Expression: add.model

Save attached

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:59:06 pm by Kamuflaro »

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Revision Bug: can't find map, assertion failed crash
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 04:14:24 pm »
Rev. 15163or4 not sure
I have a mission for an ufo crash site, send my firebird after it and start the mission - nothing happens
I check the console and it says a file could not be found... I got the file but the folder is farm, not farmn, that's what it searched for. Ok, I change the folder name and start the mission again and get a crash as soon as I see the map loaded:
Asserion failed!

Program: ...\ufo.exe
File: ..\src\client\cl_actor.c
Line: 3964

Expression: add.model

Save attached
The wrong folder problem is fixed.
I also hit the assert sometimes, I don't know why. Trunk is rather unstable at the moment, we are changing a lot of things.

Kamuflaro

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 04:50:28 pm »
Ok, ty gonna check out
It might be equipment or maybe a specific soldier skin? I got no clue what it could be related to.
No worries about stability in the trunk, as long as I can start it, all is good :P

Kamuflaro

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 05:19:25 pm »
It's the medpack... go on a mission (maybe just farm I dont know) with one in backpack, then equip it left or right hand and youll get the crash.
I love searching bugs :P