project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Aircraft stats -- bug in v2.2?  (Read 4514 times)

nemchenk

Aircraft stats -- bug in v2.2?
« on: February 08, 2008, 01:17:46 pm »
Hi All,

As I was saying in my second post, well done to the dev team for an excellent game, and a worthy followup to the UFO/XCOM games!

Now, playing 2.2, I notice the Stiletto has something like 20 times the range the UFOPedia says it should have. It is possible to fly right around Earth in the thing! :D I've had a tinker with aircraftmanagement.ufo, and it seems a fuelsize of 5000 gives about 2000km range.

Has anyone noticed this? Is it a bug, or is the UFOPedia wrong?

Thanks!

nemchenk

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Aircraft stats -- bug in v2.2?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 08:21:36 pm »
Now, playing 2.2, I notice the Stiletto has something like 20 times the range the UFOPedia says it should have. It is possible to fly right around Earth in the thing! :D I've had a tinker with aircraftmanagement.ufo, and it seems a fuelsize of 5000 gives about 2000km range.

Has anyone noticed this? Is it a bug, or is the UFOPedia wrong?
nemchenk
Yes, you're right, aircraft stats in 2.2 don't correspond to UFOpedia description (fuel and speed). This is fixed in trunk. If you want to use values corresponding to UFOpedia with 2.2, you can have a look on trunk values:
http://ufo.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ufoai/ufoai/trunk/base/ufos/aircraftmanagement.ufo?revision=14300&view=markup

nemchenk

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 10:03:25 pm »
I guess my first job ought to be getting svn checkout and RPM building working :)

I'll have a go at it and come back asking for help if it doesn't work out :D

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 10:14:14 pm »
Before you ask, yes, compiling maps is supposed to take hours.

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 11:19:58 pm »
I'll have a go at it and come back asking for help if it doesn't work out :D
no problem ;)
You can use svn 2.2 branch if you want a stable version, or svn trunk if you want fixed stats for aircraft (but be aware that savegame is sometimes broken in trunk, so this may be better to use 2.2 branch if you want to play campaign to the end)

nemchenk

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 03:24:59 pm »
Hi all,

Another question about aircraft stats: I'm using aircraftmanagement.ufo rev.14300, and just noticed something odd. A Firebird with two drop-tanks, no other equipment, and no soldiers on board is unable to reach every part of the globe! I have a terror mission I need to get to, and there seems no way short of sending one lone soldier in a Saracen.

Is this intentional?  :)

Thanks!

nemchenk

nemchenk

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 01:19:34 am »
Before you ask, yes, compiling maps is supposed to take hours.
Maan  :( It's been going all evening. PIII-1200, and it is taking like 8 hours to "make maps"  :-[

Edit: 14:00 GMT here, and still making the maps...  ::)  ;D
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 03:01:03 pm by nemchenk »

NQue

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 01:13:10 am »
Hey all,

I have a question of my own actually. According to UFOpaedia, as far as I can remember, it says that the Saracen is supposed to be much faster than the Stiletto. Yet, when you check the stats for each one, they both have a speed of 30. So...

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 08:21:37 am »
I have a question of my own actually. According to UFOpaedia, as far as I can remember, it says that the Saracen is supposed to be much faster than the Stiletto. Yet, when you check the stats for each one, they both have a speed of 30. So...

Yes, you're right, this will be fixed in 2.2.1 ;)