project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Yeah, immortal soldiers bug!! (bug with stunning)  (Read 2252 times)

ufogio

Yeah, immortal soldiers bug!! (bug with stunning)
« on: February 19, 2008, 12:47:02 am »
I hope this bug has not been reported yet. I'm sorry but I've tried the svn version, but at the moment a few bugs make it very difficult to play, so the bug I'm going to report is with 2.2 stable release.

Do some stunning damage to one of your soldiers (without stunning him completely): he will become immortal.
Even if the aliens manage to put his HP to 0, the soldier won't be killed, but stunned, therefore he will be available again on next mission.

Also, try to do some stunning damage to all of your soldiers. This will put their morale to 0 and they will go on frenzy shooting at random directions and killing everyone they encounter: that's a very funny way to win a mission.

I'm not sure but this seems to apply for aliens also.. if you do some stunning damage to an alien, and then bring its HP to 0 with some other kind of weapon, it will be reported as captured after the battle.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 01:04:37 am by ufogio »

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Yeah, immortal soldiers bug!! (bug with stunning)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 01:28:03 pm »
Hah. Cool. I never heard of this bug, so can you put it on the SF tracker?

ufogio

Re: Yeah, immortal soldiers bug!! (bug with stunning)
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 11:11:19 pm »
Sorry, I committed the report before logging on sourceforge, so it's submitted as anonymous.