project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Feature Request: cover and area  (Read 2841 times)

tbridges

Feature Request: cover and area
« on: July 15, 2006, 06:25:18 pm »
First, great game!  

I do have a feature request though and sorry if this has already been implemented in a later version than the one I'm playing.  One thing really missing is the ability to "cover" and area.  You should be able to position your team members and have them fire at an alien that enters his field of view automatically if they have enough TUs saved for the action.

Thanks again for the great game.

saladasalad

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 06:33:30 pm »
It's already exists, it's called a reaction shot and it's enabled with an icon that looks kinda like an ammo clip.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 06:58:11 pm »
How about an avanced option for that, though? Say, you can choose a 5x5 grid that a soldier should watch closely, and if an alien enters the designated area, the soldier has a better chance of firing than if he'd just be on general reaction fire. Of course, he'd have no chance to react to aliens that appear outside that area. It may be a good tactical tool to have, for example to keep an eye on doors or corners you suspect enemies my come from.

tbridges

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 07:17:39 pm »
After I downloaded the latest, I was on 1.0 before because of gamespot, I see thats its in there along with some other really cool features.