project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Keer Blade  (Read 2356 times)

mrwiggles

Keer Blade
« on: February 12, 2008, 11:24:51 am »
Just wondering about something that seems contradictory.

In the UFopedia file it says that the Kerr Blade is to awkward on the human grip and to heavy to be of practical use. Though after the research was done there was the blade sitting in the secondary weapons and and equitable. Is this contradictory, or did I miss something?

nemchenk

Re: Keer Blade
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 02:18:39 pm »
It depends... If STR was being used for encumberance, you could make the Kerrblade so heavy that only some (super-strong) Alien types could use it. Or give some Alien races a very high Close stat, while the blade has a low to-hit probability (is that even being done right now? seems there's no place in weapons_melee.ufo to say that a Knife is more accurate than a Kerrblade, for example...)

Or you could make Alien inventory screens different from Human, so that while a Kerrblade takes up a hand or backpack slot on a Human, it can be kept in an Alien's belt or whatever. So, it is less useful for Humans as it precludes them from carrying other weapons.

But, basically, I don't know for sure yet, and I suspect that is just a bit of "flavour text" in the UFOPedia :)