project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: transferring aircrafts..  (Read 1660 times)

bort

transferring aircrafts..
« on: February 13, 2008, 05:52:35 pm »
.. well, I guess that's where the problem is. Sorry if this is a known problem - didnt found it anywhere. My savegame crashes ufoai at a certain game time with this:

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?9ef0938bb1.jpg

because of that, and some other things i think it has to do with transferring aircrafts (I transferred them alot)

- transfers sometimes don't seem to end
- the aircrafts "being transferred" are only sometimes to be seen on the map, and if, always standing still on the same spot somewhere in the atlantic near africa - if I use the call back order, they all show up on that same spot and get home, with a fuel value saying something like -61/60.

I'm not sure, but I think it all started when I was transferring quite a few aircrafts between several of the 8 bases, but it could be something completely different..

And 2nd, every now and then, textures/graphics seem to get mixed up - not all of them at once, just one or a few at a time.

I use v2.2 x86 Jan 11 2008 Win32 Realease on a XP Pro P4 3.2Ghz with a Radeon9600SE, downloaded from sf.net

would be great if you can help me...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 06:33:30 pm by bort »

Offline Silveressa

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: transferring aircrafts..
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 01:06:22 pm »
I've ran into problems with the transfer of aircrafts being bugged as well, although nothing so bad as  to crash my game.

I think the bug might have something to do with the fuel available to the ship that does the transferring of the goods? If the ship runs out of fuel half way there then obviously the transfer will never finish.

As far as your graphical glitch goes, I used to see some graphics corruption with an old nividia 6200 card I had a long time ago. Since upgrading to a 8600 gt pci-X I haven't had the slightest problems, perhaps you jsut need to update your video drivers?