project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Cant researchfurther more  (Read 3902 times)

Wintermaerz

Cant researchfurther more
« on: February 01, 2008, 06:06:37 pm »
Hey there.
Playing this game is quite fun. :) But i have some problems getting new technologies.
I have capture two ufos, have a lot of materials, 15 parts of propulsion units. But i cant research, UFO, Propulsion and the Alien ship's weapon.
The game tells mei have not enough material or missing a previous technology. I am in third year now. Always 10 Mil Credits, 6 Bases covering the whole world. But i only have 1 Mission or UFO per month and can not go on in research.
Someone have an Idea?

SpaceWombat

Re: Cant researchfurther more
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 07:37:23 pm »
You can dissemble the ufos to get the weapons which are installed.
Ufos are getting rare at some point I think this is because the storyline and mission balancing isn't complete yet.

Wintermaerz

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 07:42:32 pm »
where can i do that?
I have a small and a huge ufo hangar, workers, scientists and enough room for them to work. But i dont know how to dissemble these ones. In production screen i have a button, but there is nothing to dissemble. :(
But i think i have to restart the game, cause it ends a few days after my last savegame without any words why it ends.

SpaceWombat

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 10:10:07 pm »
When the ufo is in the right base you should be able to disassemble it in the production menu. This is how it worked for me. Sometimes the list is bugged, try to use the mousewheel over the list. It might be hidden upwards over the list's end.

If the game throws you into the main menu (after the famous "TODO TODO" screen) just try the continue button before you give up your savegame.

Wintermaerz

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 02:05:23 am »
It seems there is a connection to an other problem described here: http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=2182.0.

Cro

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 06:10:40 pm »
How can i capture undamaged ufo?
When i take it down and secure, it is always too damaged and i get only some materials and propulsion.

SpaceWombat

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 07:33:26 pm »
At some point there will be a "landing site" or "starting ufo" mission. You will need an ufo hangar of the right type to recover it.

sonoyuu

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 02:46:00 am »
Same deal here. I have moved  a harvester around, and a fighter to all my bases, they all have workshops, power plants, large ufo hangers Satisfying every condition I can find, but I cant research UFO theory, doesn't even list. UFOs will NOT go into hangers even when the mission report states it is going to a specific base to be disassembled. Am I missing something or why do no alien ships go into hangers? Is there some pre-requisite that has to be completed BEFORE you can load a hanger?

Why?

Frustrating problem for many days now.

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 08:16:50 am »
Same deal here. I have moved  a harvester around, and a fighter to all my bases, they all have workshops, power plants, large ufo hangers Satisfying every condition I can find, but I cant research UFO theory, doesn't even list. UFOs will NOT go into hangers even when the mission report states it is going to a specific base to be disassembled. Am I missing something or why do no alien ships go into hangers? Is there some pre-requisite that has to be completed BEFORE you can load a hanger?
Sorry but UFO Theory is not implemented in 2.2. As a consequence, you need a UFO Scout to start researching any other UFO.
You can't disassemble UFO as long as you didn't research them, as far as I know.

Landed UFO scout can only be recovered on Revelstoke mission (a mission in a farm).