project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Research Tree?  (Read 6648 times)

Skarn Ka

Research Tree?
« on: January 28, 2008, 10:31:27 am »
Hey guys,

First of all, kuddos for the game,it's very impressive. I played it over at a friend's and didn't guess it was a grassroots project. Loved XCOM, love this one.

I've been playing through September 2084, and got to a research dead-end. I skimmed through the Wiki and forums and didn't find an answer to my question - I'll post it here, and sorry if the topic's been brought up before.

I've autopsied all three biological species (not the blood spider) and have over 10 live aliens in containment. I've researched The Alien Miind, Odd Behaviors, and the Universal Serum.

From what I get I should move on to "A New Twist" or "Enemy on Earth", but I don't get any of that. Is there a condition to trigger I haven't thought of?

Thanks, and again, beautiful game!

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Research Tree?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 10:22:36 pm »
From what I get I should move on to "A New Twist" or "Enemy on Earth", but I don't get any of that. Is there a condition to trigger I haven't thought of?

"Enemy on Earth" needs  "A New Twist"
"A New Twist" needs autopsies of Ortnok, Taman and Shevaar, and "Odd Behaviour"
"Odd Behaviour" needs "alien mind" and 10 aliens

Skarn Ka

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 10:55:46 pm »
Right, I have those three autopsies done, and I've completed Odd Behaviour.
But "A New Twist" didn't show up. I don't know if that's a bug or if I screwed up something, though.

I'm gonna load an older savegame and check it out.

In the meantime, if anyone has any idea, please chime in!

Skarn Ka

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 11:08:29 pm »
Okay, I checked, and while I never got a notification for "A New Twist", I found it in the UFOpedia after a certain date. I didn't get the "Enemy on Earth" though, but I guess it requires an attack by humans first, which will probably occur in one of the upcoming missions...

Skarn Ka

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 11:52:00 pm »
Hm, I think I get it now.

After some missions, I get a scrolling screen (the music changes also), pretty much like the intro story. I guess that's where "A New Twist" should have appeared, except all there is is a scrolling <TO DO>.

Now I'm done researching XVI census, but no new research opens up.

Is the next item on the list supposed to be Human Vaccine? What's the condition to get that one?

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 01:17:21 am »
XVI Census is pretty much the last tech in 2.2. More will be included in 2.3.

Offline eleazar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 01:57:08 am »
except all there is is a scrolling <TO DO>.

I got the scrolling "TO DO" after "Universal Serum" IIRC.   I didn't see ""Enemy on Earth" or  "A New Twist", or any XVI stuff though i had autopsied all 4 alien types.

What triggers the "TO DO" ?

Skarn Ka

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 10:56:36 am »

I think you need to have both some specific research completed *and* trigger a condition in a mission (for instance, be attacked by humans). Instead of getting the regular "research report" email, you get the "storyline scrolling screen" that gives you more background information, pretty much like the intro piece.

I guess the <TO DO> means it's either a bug, or it hasn't been implemented yet.

- Thanks for the answers guys, I was wondering how advanced the game's story was.

sonoyuu

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 08:26:04 pm »
I too must concur, the game looks fantastic.

I know it's still in development, but to be at Ver. 2.x shouldn't it be possible to win the game?

I think the research tree needs more work than the graphics or game play at this point.

Kudos to you gentlemen (and ladies?), but it's awfully hard to recommend a game to people that they can not finish.

I am sure we all look forward to the finished tech tree and story line. (Need any help?)

Offline eleazar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 03:13:38 am »
(Need any help?)

There are always more things to do than people to do them on a project like this. :)

See this list or browse the forums.