project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Can't start 2.2: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL_ttf-2.0.so.0  (Read 11269 times)

nome

Hi,  I downloaded 2.2 a couple of days ago and haven't been able to get it to work.

I'm running Ubuntu 7.10 (standard x86 install)

When I first tried running the game I got an error with libcurl.so.4 but I followed the instructions in another post to create a symbolic link using "sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4.0.0 /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4" this seems to have rectified the issue with libcurl but now I get the following error:

./ufo: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL_ttf-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I can't find the version 2 of libSDL and I've no idea how to get this running, anyone else had any luck?

I had no problems getting version 2.1 to run.

nome

Okay I got it running, first off I had to change the libraries so that just about everything is enabled, then I downloaded libcurl and libSDL,  I can't remember the exact steps I was playing around for a while.

I have noticed an issue whereby the screen keeps dropping from full-screen to a window every few minutes, and about 15 seconds later it goes back to full screen  any ideas?

Offline Nevasith

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Could you please describe exactly what you did? I got the same problem, and nothing helped so far!

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
deactivate compiz

Offline BAM

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Please help me too! Thanks.

Offline Nevasith

• Rookie
    • View Profile
You were right. Deactivating compiz did the trick.Could you explain what is the problem with compiz?

Also, running "ufoai" from commandline doesn't work, the only way to run the game is to cd into game dir and type ./ufoai

Offline BAM

• Rookie
    • View Profile
I get the same problem when I run from a command or go to the executable.

Offline gargy2002

• Rookie
    • View Profile
I get the same problem when I run from a command or go to the executable.
You have to install these two packages from the first post. In the Synaptic there are packages libcurl4-gnutls-dev and libsdl-ttf2.0-0. Install them and it should be fine... :)