project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Reaction Fire always takes 7TU's?  (Read 2381 times)

stormcrow

Reaction Fire always takes 7TU's?
« on: January 20, 2008, 05:37:07 pm »
Gents

Found a mention of this on bugtracker but apparently it was difficult to replicate although I'm seeing it consistently.  When using reaction fire the multiple is always 7TU's, irrespective of the weapon or fire mode selected.  Is anyone else seeing this and is there a work around (apart from telling it to keep multiple shots to allow for 14TUs)?

Thanks!

Hoehrer

Re: Reaction Fire always takes 7TU's?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 07:18:45 pm »
I'm not sure if i understand you correctly, but the behaviour of Reaction Fire in UFO:AI 2.2 is that you reserve 7 (or 14 for multi-RF) TUs and the actual TUs for the shooting comes from the next round.
So right now you basically pay 2-times for firing in reaction 7 + firemode costs (or 14 + firemode costs * times of usage). It's a bad system for Reaction fire and was implemented in haste (i.e. lack of time for a more complex system)

It has been a much discussed topic for some time and I recently changed the system to something more like in the old X-COM games (2.3 development code). Be sure to have a nicer system in the next major release.
But for the 2.2 release it still works as described above.

HTH?
Werner

PS The "hard to replicated" did most likely refer to a bug related to RF and not the RF system itself.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 08:11:15 pm by Hoehrer »

stormcrow

Re: Reaction Fire always takes 7TU's?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 07:32:44 pm »
Ahhh that makes sense.  I was playing the 2.1 Mac beta before in which the system was different and as I described.  It's not a problem, it just means I have to modify my tactics rather than moving in confident I have enough TU's for a shot.

Thanks for clarifying!