project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Seeing Existing Radar Scopes When Placing New Base?  (Read 2994 times)

addams013

Seeing Existing Radar Scopes When Placing New Base?
« on: December 13, 2007, 12:56:55 pm »
I personally like to place my bases so that their radar cones will effectively cover Earth's major land masses.  Do you think it's possible to show existing radar coverage whenever the user opts to construct a new base?  Perhaps this showing of existing radar coverage should be in a different color so as not to confuse the player (e.g., cone when UFO is on radar == green; cone when merely displaying coverage == yellow).

If you want to be really nice, you can show what the radar coverage of the new base would be (if the player chooses to install radar) before the player commits to the new base's location.

I don't know what else players might want to know when they choose the location of a base, but IMHO, it's worth considering.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: Seeing Existing Radar Scopes When Placing New Base?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 01:20:49 pm »
this is already the case - which version are you using?

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 02:11:54 pm »
What. No it isn't. Not in trunk, anyway. I only ever see my radar coverage when there's actually a UFO in range.

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 02:33:02 pm »
What. No it isn't. Not in trunk, anyway. I only ever see my radar coverage when there's actually a UFO in range.

Sorry, but radar range of bases you already possess is shown when you built a new base in current trunk (however there was a bug I fixed a few days ago and lasted around 2 weeks that set radar range of first base to 0: therefore you couldn't see anything).

The radar range of the new base is not displayed, however. This would be a nice feature to add.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 02:46:07 pm »
ah sorry, of the new base.... but maybe that new base won't get a radar. i think when you see the other radar ranges you can approximate the range for the new base very well.