project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: 2.2 (10-29-07) glitch  (Read 5633 times)

Offline TroubleMaker

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
2.2 (10-29-07) glitch
« on: November 10, 2007, 05:22:15 am »
Hi!

Played that windows-version. Nice. But...

1. The Firebird has been sent to terror site. I've saved a game when it was in one flight hour off the site. Loaded game back. My transporter now just above its homebase with almost half exhausted fuel tanks and now I must to return to base for refuelling, losing about 20 hours already spent for the travel.

2. Soldiers with bolter rifle behaves theirselves very strange: going through the walls, can't move to nearest (2-4TU) location, trying to trip around. Sometimes I can see blinking deep-blue line in left-bottom corner of the screen when such soldier moves.

3. Missile defenses also displays strange behavior: they're built and powered, but does not allow to install weapons during nearest few days: "this item will be installed in 48hrs" displayed for more than game week.
Why not to display all 4 slots without waiting for buying enough TR-20 pods? What does the "missile" button do? I have two missile bases, but can't switch them with that button.

4. Secondary base's crew captured "alien propulsion". That base have no labs and I've transferred the engine to "research base". Transfer was completed, but I can't see a.p. in items list and can't start a research.

5. What are "alien materials"? They can't be learned, useless for sale. What can I do with them?

6. BTW. What about make music & sounds disabled at all? I love the temes, esp. "Dawn - Dammerung" (oh, more such melodies, please!) but sometimes the music makes me mad. Please, do not propose to turn off the speakers or slide volume controls to silent positions: I need a way to turn sounds on and off, retaining the volume once set.

7. Why I still can't enter the supply ship?

8. Not a question. Just a thought. On the supply ship mission one orthnok killed another. And it was not a friendly fire: 1st pursued 2nd for few steps, came close and fired plasma blaster. Was it panic, or temporary insanity?

Thank you!

Offline Kaerius

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2 (10-29-07) glitch
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 02:05:49 pm »
5. What are "alien materials"? They can't be learned, useless for sale. What can I do with them?
Well in the trunk at least, they can be researched, requires that you research UFO:scout first. Nothing to do with them yet though. :p

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 11:28:51 am »
1. The Firebird has been sent to terror site. I've saved a game when it was in one flight hour off the site. Loaded game back. My transporter now just above its homebase with almost half exhausted fuel tanks and now I must to return to base for refuelling, losing about 20 hours already spent for the travel.
I would like to fix this bug, but I don't manage to reproduce it.
When I start a new game and save while the Firebird is sent to a mission, loading of the game is OK.
Did you notice anything special that would cause this bug ? As long as I don't manage to reproduce it, I can't fix it...

3. Missile defenses also displays strange behavior: they're built and powered, but does not allow to install weapons during nearest few days: "this item will be installed in 48hrs" displayed for more than game week.
This bug may be fixed in 2.2 (2007-11-16).

Why not to display all 4 slots without waiting for buying enough TR-20 pods? What does the "missile" button do? I have two missile bases, but can't switch them with that button.
1 slot correspond to 1 defense installation. Therefore, you'll have as many slots as you have Missile battery building in base. Each slot is made up of the 4 launchers the ufopedia mention.
The "missile" button is useless atm, I removed it.

Offline TroubleMaker

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 11:51:35 am »
When I start a new game and save while the Firebird is sent to a mission, loading of the game is OK.
Did you notice anything special that would cause this bug?
I used the save possibility before missions. And it wondered me, when FB mysteriously "jumped" back to homebase. May I attach a savegame here?

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 12:34:00 pm »
if it's a bug, please open a bug tracker item

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 01:00:43 pm »
I used the save possibility before missions. And it wondered me, when FB mysteriously "jumped" back to homebase. May I attach a savegame here?

Maybe it's linked to bug #1816977 ? do you have some weird line as the screenshot in the this bug ?
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1816977&group_id=157793&atid=805242
(but in this bug, aircraft is not over its homebase, but at latitude 0 and longitude 0).

Offline TroubleMaker

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 01:30:31 pm »
See the screenshot made few minutes ago. Note on fuel remaining. Before save the FB was very close to Wellington.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline TroubleMaker

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
2.2 (11-16-07) glitch
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 09:58:48 am »
Hi!

Just installed that version (win).  :'(

1. The martyr-FB, which mysteriously jumped back to homebase from Wellington, tried to fly there anyway... When the fuel remaining was approx 45, I've command him to return for refuelling. It landed at homebase with -8 (minus eight) fuel units. See the screenshot attached.

2. After I've entered missile base control screen, all of my TR-20 defense pods are disappeared completely, I even could not locate them in "buy/sell" screen.
More, when I tried to dismantle existing rocket-defense, I got a program fault with the following log:

INVSH_GetItemByID: Item "base_weapon_tr20" not found.
BS_Load: Could not find item 'base_weapon_tr20'
INVSH_GetItemByID: Item "base_ammo_tr20" not found.
BS_Load: Could not find item 'base_ammo_tr20'
...subsystem 'market' - loaded 2897 bytes
RS_GetTechByID: Could not find a technology with id "rs_base_weapon_tr20"
......your game doesn't know anything about tech 'rs_base_weapon_tr20'
RS_GetTechByID: Could not find a technology with id "rs_base_ammo_tr20"
......your game doesn't know anything about tech 'rs_base_ammo_tr20'
...subsystem 'research' - loaded 7880 bytes
...subsystem 'employee' - loaded 19888 bytes
...subsystem 'aliencont' - loaded 0 bytes
INVSH_GetItemByID: Item "base_ammo_tr20" not found.
PR_Load: Could not find item 'base_ammo_tr20'
...subsystem 'production' - loaded 57 bytes
...subsystem 'aircraft' - loaded 353 bytes
...subsystem 'messagesystem' - loaded 18029 bytes
...subsystem 'stats' - loaded 28 bytes
...subsystem 'nations' - loaded 864 bytes
...subsystem 'transfer' - loaded 86384 bytes
File 'slot0' loaded.
Changing to Singleplayer
S_Music_Start: Playing music: 'music/van_geoscape.ogg'
Taking JPG screenshot (at 75% quality)...
Wrote E:\Documents and Settings\Sergei.SPA-MNS\Application Data\UFOAI/2.2-dev/base/scrnshot/ufo03.jpg
R_FindImage: Can't find pics/techs/craft_alien_propulsion (pics/techs/craft_alien_propulsion)
BDEF_BaseDefenseMenuUpdate_f: there is no defense battery in this base: you shouldn't be in this function.
BDEF_SelectBaseSlot: Unknown airequipID: -1
BDEF_BaseDefenseMenuUpdate_f: there is no defense battery in this base: you shouldn't be in this function.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2 (11-16-07) glitch
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 10:06:10 pm »
1. The martyr-FB, which mysteriously jumped back to homebase from Wellington, tried to fly there anyway... When the fuel remaining was approx 45, I've command him to return for refuelling. It landed at homebase with -8 (minus eight) fuel units. See the screenshot attached.
This is because we only check that you have enough fuel when you order the aircraft to go to a position. But here, there is a bug and the FB has been teleported. The result is that you don't have enough fuel.
So the fact that you have -8 fuel is not really a problem: the problem is that your aircraft should not have been teleported while loading the game. I'd like to fix this bug, but it's not reproducable. If anyone has some information about when this bug happens, I'll be happy to know ;)

2. After I've entered missile base control screen, all of my TR-20 defense pods are disappeared completely, I even could not locate them in "buy/sell" screen.
More, when I tried to dismantle existing rocket-defense, I got a program fault with the following log:
Code: [Select]
RS_GetTechByID: Could not find a technology with id "rs_base_weapon_tr20"This is because I renamed the base weapon battery according to ufopedia. Therefore when you load your game, you try to load a technology that doesn't exist anymore. I'm afraid that you saved game isn't compatible with this new 2.2 (2007-11-16) version.

Code: [Select]
BDEF_BaseDefenseMenuUpdate_f: there is no defense battery in this base: you shouldn't be in this function.I'm not 100% sure, but that is probably also a problem of loading a game from an older version on this 2.2 (2007-11-16) version of UFO:AI.

So this problem should disappear if you start a new game.

Offline TroubleMaker

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2 (11-16-07) glitch
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 05:55:15 am »
that is probably also a problem of loading a game from an older version on this 2.2 (2007-11-16) version of UFO:AI.
I'll try your recommendations.

Hm... may be the savegame should have version stamp and not to be loadable with incompatible versions. Or (just a fantasy) the savegame should be autoconverted to newer version, if possible.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 07:32:39 am »
it has a version stamp - but the version will not differ between each beta build.