project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Can't compile "ufo2map" from SVN version anymore...  (Read 2436 times)

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Can't compile "ufo2map" from SVN version anymore...
« on: November 15, 2007, 12:02:03 am »
I got this error when compiling ufo2map:

[linker error] undefined reference to `__cpu_features_init'
  ld returned 1 exit status
 C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\My Documents\ufoai\build\projects\Makefile.win [Build Error]  [../../ufo2map.exe] Error 1

This happened in Windows XP with both codeblocks and Dev-c++, and it didn't use to do this! (It worked fine in the past.)

I don't have visual studio installed, so I haven't tried that.

I'm not a C programmer, what am I doing wrong?

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: Can't compile "ufo2map" from SVN version anymore...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 07:57:45 am »
are you sure, that you are using the latest prepackaged codeblocks package? looks like an old mingw installation

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 12:38:29 pm »
I tried two versions of codeblocks, one from the link in the wiki (prepackaged), and the other from the beta site (the same page that has beta binary installers).  The same error happened both times, with both prepackaged downloads.

I also tried going directly to the codeblocks site and grabbing their latest software (and also the latest MinGW), but I couldn't get all the extra packages to manually set up properly, apparently it's not within my skills as I'm not too familiar with these compilers.

Did someone not place the latest prepackaged version of codeblocks on the site?  Or not update the wiki?

On the other hand, I could just be doing something stupid - I followed the instructions in the wiki, but again I'm not a C programmer.

Punkiee

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 01:15:26 pm »
These kind of errors pursue many mingw users. There is no clearcut solution though. Please read up these topics as well. They worked for some users.
http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=1822.0
http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=1864.0

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 01:43:22 am »
Looks like I'm having what happened in the second topic linked to - I don't have any other MinGW installations, the one and ONLY one I have on my windows machine is the one that came in the prepackaged version downloaded from the beta site page.

Not being a coder/programmer, I don't have any other compilers or programming tools, libraries, etc. on my machine.

So in other words, if the MinGW I'm using is an old version, that means the prepackaged codeblocks package comes with an outdated version of MinGW and needs to be updated.  That's the only MinGW I have - the one from the prepackaged ZIP file.

BTW, the rest of the game compiles fine and runs OK, although I'm forced to download precompiled maps to make it work.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 01:45:57 am by Destructavator »