project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: slow game...now  (Read 1908 times)

Offline riven311

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
slow game...now
« on: October 27, 2007, 01:30:43 am »
hi i just got UFO,  and got to play it for two days fine but now i start it up and it lags like nuts....use up all my cpu when i use the ctrl + alt + delete thing.... need help and the info you geys will need to fix it.

do have to say i did love the game when it worked...

Offline LordEvilthe666

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: slow game...now
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 02:45:54 am »
1: Try to get a log of what exactly is it doing... Can be just a windows bug.

2(If it IS a windows buug):Well, it HAVE to use all of your cpu timing... 'cause it's windows, and it doesn't really support OpenGL (or anything else, except windows API) app running in background when you use ctrl+alt+delete.

Got it working nice with AMD Duron 1.1GHz+256MB RAM+Geforce 4 MX 64MB(4 yrs old)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 04:07:13 am by LordEvilthe666 »

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 08:07:15 am »
Is the game just damn slow, or not responding at all?

try to run the game in windowed mode (see video options) and play around with the video options. If that doesn't help, try to delete your config.cfg (in your application data folder - see FAQ for more info about it)

if it's not responding at all, it's maybe an endless loop - when exactly do you encounter this slowdown? after loading a savegame? new campaign, too? during tactical missions? on geoscape - please be as verbose as possible.

Offline riven311

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 04:51:04 am »
well the game slows when i am trying to pick new game,load game......really the 1st thing that loads up.  it takes me like 5 mins to hit the new game.