project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Robrecht, I'm sorry for what just happened to you  (Read 3278 times)

Offline Bandobras

• Captain
    • View Profile
Robrecht, I'm sorry for what just happened to you
« on: August 20, 2007, 01:21:14 pm »
Robrecht, I'm sorry for what just happened to you at

http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=1793.0

I don't try to tell whose storyline is better or if your current or future proposals could be used to make the existing story better (I agree with devs creating a wholly new storyline is a bad idea at this time, whether replacing the existing one or as a fork), or even if your suggestions made any sense, as such.

What I say is I'm really ashamed how you were treated and I sympathize with you. That's all I can do, and being somewhat (historically) involved in the project, I felt I owe it to you and to the people that will ever see the thread and wonder why nobody said nothing.

Offline Winter

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
Re: Robrecht, I'm sorry for what just happened to you
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 03:09:44 pm »
Robrecht, I'm sorry for what just happened to you at

http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=1793.0

I don't try to tell whose storyline is better or if your current or future proposals could be used to make the existing story better (I agree with devs creating a wholly new storyline is a bad idea at this time, whether replacing the existing one or as a fork), or even if your suggestions made any sense, as such.

What I say is I'm really ashamed how you were treated and I sympathize with you. That's all I can do, and being somewhat (historically) involved in the project, I felt I owe it to you and to the people that will ever see the thread and wonder why nobody said nothing.

What's there to be ashamed of? I was entirely polite to him when I explained that his changes wouldn't fit, and he subsequently threw a tantrum. As I told him, I'm frankly appalled at his rude behaviour following an absolutely polite and clearly-explained rejection.

Regards,
Winter

Offline Robrecht

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 04:00:18 pm »
Well, my problem with the story notwithstanding, I do love the angle and direction of UFO:AI when it comes to gameplay.

So there's not need to apologise Bandobras. I dislike the way that Winter and BTAxis rejected my suggestion, not because they didn't accept my suggestion, but because they didn't get the point of it. (My post was not "replace your story with this suggestion of mine" it was more "could you please considder making the invaders less huge, because earth defeating a force that has dominated the our galaxy for a million years tampers with my SoD, by the way, here's my suggestion on how").

Nevertheless I understand and accept why they stick to their story, it IS after all, their story and they're proud of it.

It's safe to say that both sides reacted too strongly when the headbutting started.

That said, I showed the main storyline and my suggestion to my friends at Omniverse Zero (I'm not going to link to it, but you can google it if you like) and they did agree with both me and with Winter about the respective flaws of each plan.

So as far as I'm concerned the matter is done with, with my final request of 'could you, for the sake of my SoD, please change the trillions to billions?' still standing and nothing more.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 04:28:43 pm »
The reason why I locked the thread isn't because it dealt with our current storyline or was critical of it. I locked the topic because we already made our decision regarding that particular issue (and it WAS a decision on that issue, not a default decision), and the discussion was going nowhere. Any new threads regarding the storyline that aren't a repetition of moves will be handled normally.