project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Klachin  (Read 10550 times)

inquisiteur2

Klachin
« on: August 10, 2007, 11:59:29 pm »
Please dont get angry if i continue to spam the forum but ive got a new model for UFO AI (& JA mod)

can be converted to anything in fact, just change the texture, but the prupose was being to reproduce fairly model a ak 47 (although most of the components have been simplified to reduce polycount). I guess stalin is dead so no need to worry about the "copyright issue" right ?

If stalin is still not dead the model can be quickly converted to anything else usin proper textures.

Shot at 2007-08-10

Below textured model, i used a picture i have take from my fathers old ak 47 a long time ago, and I asked him today, he ok to "open source" his klachin so no worries hehe

Shot at 2007-08-10

Shot at 2007-08-10

Shot at 2007-08-10

I went quick on the texture i can do better than that, thats just a preview. The model is still WIP.

Assuming there is no copyright issue, would be good to spawn this weapons in middle east & african maps, it will certainly still widely used anywhere on the world. A weapons that cant buy but can use for fun, like in Swat 3 with terrorists weapons.

I will also submit the bare model if it is ok for winter, so anyone can texture it /modify it by his own.

I can try to animate a shooting sequence if requested.

Hope somone like it.

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Klachin
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 12:12:56 am »
This could be a great weapon for civilian "soldiers". Clearly they wouldn't use the same equipment PHALANX does.

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Klachin
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 01:29:53 am »
Please read http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/License#Info_for_Contributors and include needed info to the package with your model(s) so we could add it to our repo.

inquisiteur2

Klachin
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 11:11:35 am »
Ok thats very good news, I will improve the texture a bit and include it in the SVN shortly.

Offline Winter

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
Klachin
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 06:44:49 pm »
The AK-47 and the company that owns the rights to it are very much alive today, so I don't think we could use that model without a few changes to change and modernise the look.

Regards,
Winter

inquisiteur2

Klachin
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 07:18:20 pm »
Yes I know that, your might be speaking about the Izhevsk Machine Tool Factory, but in fact the model I have reproduced has been done far before the event that is described in the wikipedia, see below:

"Russia has repeatedly claimed that the majority of these manufacturers produce AK-47 without a proper license from IZH.[19][20] The Izhevsk Machine Tool Factory acquired a patent in 1999, illegalising manufacture of the Kalashnikov rifle system by anyone other than themselves.[21] However, nearly one million AK-47 assault rifles are manufactured illegally each year."

The model I copied has been done far before 1999 and its not the Izhevsk Machine Tool Factory who did it, means there is no rights on all pre-existing ak47 since the former patented owners does not exist anymore. Anyway, I may post the current model in the SVN and try to change some details to make another one.

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Klachin
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 08:08:37 pm »
Quote from: "Winter"
The AK-47 and the company that owns the rights to it are very much alive today, so I don't think we could use that model without a few changes to change and modernise the look.

Huh? If you are saying that using model/picture of AK-47 or any other weapon anywhere is somehow against law/license/anything, then you are wrong.

Offline Winter

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
Klachin
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 08:42:26 pm »
Quote from: "Zenerka"

Huh? If you are saying that using model/picture of AK-47 or any other weapon anywhere is somehow against law/license/anything, then you are wrong.

Given the recent trends of american copyright law, I'm not so sure -- I was just being cautious. No offence was meant.

Either way, since this is 2084, I'd be more confident about the model if it had at least a few updates to a weapon that's already being phased out today in favour of the more modern AK-74. I don't think it would be plausible for anyone except civilians to still be using genuine AK-47s a century and a half after the original design.

Regards,
Winter

inquisiteur2

Klachin
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 08:55:39 pm »
This model was intented for civilians anyway, i am willing to provide a few conventional weapons for the 3rd party side so we wont be restricted to phallanx weaponry when implementing the 3rd side will be the next task.

I wont stick too clearly to existing weapons in my next model so there wont be any problem. I would be happy if we can use the model when needed. Further models will be posted this section to avoid spamming the forum.

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Klachin
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 12:44:30 am »
Given the recent trends of american copyright law, I'm not so sure -- I was just being cautious.

I am sure. :) Unless designed to be an art, any weapon is not an art in any way thus no author copyrights at it in any way. Anyone can create model, made a picture of any weapon and publish it in the same way as for Toyota Carina or F-16 or, let's say, kettle from Braun. It is just a thing in common usage, not any kind of artistic work.
No offence was meant.

None taken. :)

inquisiteur2

Klachin
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 06:28:05 pm »
Ok below the link for a high definition model (1042 triangles) see screenshot above, and a lesser definition model with 500 triangles, see screenshot below.

Shot at 2007-08-12

Heres the link for a zip file of both modes.

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/7d9b63e21a_0.17MB

Unfortunatly I dont understand the entry in the wiki regarding scaling the model X16 and about the 6.4 grid. (nothing happens if i increase space between lines in my grid from 1 to 6.4)

Furthermore when I render the template for screenshot the rendering seems broken and I get ni image.

If the scaling is a problem just tell what im supposed to do and I will upload them again.

now next model, regards.

inquisiteur2

Klachin
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 12:52:58 am »
How about this one ? Tried to do something more futuristic. Wanted to do a military laser rifle, Phallanx are not the only organisation trying to research better weapons. Or it can be anything else. Don't know if the model is cool enough.

The user is supposed to aim by looking at the small thingy poping up from the gun

Shot at 2007-08-12

Shot at 2007-08-12

Offline Ar1z

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Klachin
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 10:06:10 am »
Hello all,

Great work inquisiteur2. Excellent modelling skills! :) I'm definitelly gonna use this ak47 with the TC mod. As for copyright issues I don't think it's a problem since it's mostly advertisement for the weapons manufacturers. Besides it's not like we make the actual weapon, just a model of it. ;)  If you want a more modernized version of ak47 you can just texture it all black and make the barrel slightly smaller. This way the model is an ak100 or 101 which is the current generation of AKs. ;)

inquisiteur2

Re: Klachin
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 11:07:57 pm »
Congratulation for the new forum, much better than the old one, less dark, I fell in a better mood when I use now. But I miss my favorite smiley  >:( (although this one is ok)

In fact i feel so good that I went berserk on blender until I made an acceptable urban policeman model. (i guess it is acceptable)  ::)

So please check the images below, polycount is high (1500) but i can lower it to 900 or 800 and still get a fair amount of quality.

Shot at 2007-08-15

Shot at 2007-08-15

Shot at 2007-08-15

regards,
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 11:12:18 pm by inquisiteur2 »

inquisiteur2

Re: Klachin
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 12:42:20 am »
man im gettin' mad  ;D. This is just a quick render, I always thought this stance was more appropriate than the current Phallanx relax style on the battlefield.

Shot at 2007-08-15
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 07:04:59 am by inquisiteur2 »