project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: early battle bot  (Read 2934 times)

inquisiteur2

early battle bot
« on: July 22, 2007, 02:40:53 pm »
Hi there,

I am currently working on an early battle bot model. There is a few things missing and a few armor plates misplaced, i have put a preview below anyway.

Ploycount is quite high (as for now 2800), when done I will try to lower polys.

What I would need to know :

Would this model fit with UFO context ? (considering that in Japan hospital are already using staff bots to welcome patients and show them the way to their room).

If yes, is this model ok ? would it fit as a early battle robot model (means bulky, less ergonomy but ready to go). Or if it isn't ok, can we use to for the alien side ?

If yes what the maximum polycount allowed to animated soldiers in UFO AI ? ( will try to animate it myself)

Hope you like it. (dont mind the eyebrows yet  8) )

Shot at 2007-07-22

direct link - http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2862/abc1pl8.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-22

direct - link http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/4568/abc2ip0.jpg

regards,

Offline Winter

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Street of Eyes: The Writing of Ryan A. Span
Re: early battle bot
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 03:30:33 pm »
Quote from: "inquisiteur2"
Hi there,

I am currently working on an early battle bot model. There is a few things missing and a few armor plates misplaced, i have put a preview below anyway.

Ploycount is quite high (as for now 2800), when done I will try to lower polys.

What I would need to know :

Would this model fit with UFO context ? (considering that in Japan hospital are already using staff bots to welcome patients and show them the way to their room).

If yes, is this model ok ? would it fit as a early battle robot model (means bulky, less ergonomy but ready to go). Or if it isn't ok, can we use to for the alien side ?

If yes what the maximum polycount allowed to animated soldiers in UFO AI ? ( will try to animate it myself)

Hope you like it. (dont mind the eyebrows yet  8) )

regards,

Unfortunately that design won't work for several reasons:

1) Incompatible graphic style,
2) Unrealistic; exposed internal components, too big and bulky to manoeuvre, and too heavy to be supported by its own legs,
and here's the kicker,
3) Looks way too much like the ABC Warrior from Judge Dredd, which you obviously based it on, and is therefore copyrighted material. We can't use anything except original creations in the game.

Regards,
Winter

inquisiteur2

Re: early battle bot
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 03:41:27 pm »
Quote from: "Winter"
[3) Looks way too much like the ABC Warrior from Judge Dredd, which you obviously based it on, and is therefore copyrighted material. We can't use anything except original creations in the game.

Regards,
Winter

It is indeed heavily based on the ABC robot (novel picture), didn't know that it was source of problem. Anway abc robot from judge dread was also heavily inspired of the abc robot novel series.

Too bad we can't use it, thx for your review,

regards.