project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: globe too small - 2 suggestions  (Read 2667 times)

inquisiteur2

globe too small - 2 suggestions
« on: June 22, 2007, 12:42:23 am »
At the current state the 3d globe is too small.

I would suggest at the very least to increase it this by 200%

or have the option to zoom on it, but for now I think the global map is really *empty*

Wanderer

Re: globe too small - 2 suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 01:15:49 am »
Quote from: "inquisiteur2"
At the current state the 3d globe is too small.

I would suggest at the very least to increase it this by 200%

or have the option to zoom on it, but for now I think the global map is really *empty*

My biggest complaint with the globe was I found it difficult to navigate on it, and the base icon was huge.  I switched back to 2D because I found it much easier to manipulate and find things.  

I think if the screen was redesigned to allow more real estate for the globe, a larger globe would be useful, but when I use it, it just fits into the screen, and this is about perfect (to me) for being able to spin it to find locations.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 08:09:53 am »
you should try to hit the space bar (2d and 3d geoscape)

inquisiteur2

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 11:25:26 am »
The globe has definitly a lot of potential but the scale of the globe is definitely too low, I think it will be a lot better if scaled up - also would be cool t have a background picture RaXar seems to have created a nice one for his alternate GIU  8)

I think brithness of the globe should be increased a bit, maybe the color contrast should be a little bit more bright green on earth.

we know that the base incon si temporary, thats ok for me so far.

Also, I saw Sitters alien terror mission logo used, I think it is acceptable in the current state as long as we dont come with a better idea.

I woud suggest to have , if possible, an slight red effect line like the one we ve got in ufo aftermath for the bases and missions- see following picture

http://www.jeux-strategie.com/fileadmin/articles/upload/js/UFOSCREEN5.jpg

thx and regard

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 11:49:28 am »
Quote from: "inquisiteur2"
also would be cool t have a background picture RaXar seems to have created a nice one for his alternate GIU  8)

Ideally it would be a skybox that rotates with the globe.