project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: R.I.P.?  (Read 2551 times)

Sectoid

R.I.P.?
« on: May 24, 2007, 02:54:09 pm »
Maybe this is a silly idea, but I think it would be fun if the game kept a list of soldiers that have been killed in battle. The list could record record the fallen  soldier's name, rank, and how and when the soldier got whacked.

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
R.I.P.?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 03:44:48 pm »
This sounds like a great idea to me. Help you to build a relationship with your cannon fodder.

A the moment, they can get posthumous awards, if they are promoted and die in the same mission; which is also a very nice feature (well done, whichever dev did that  :D  )

Wanderer

Re: R.I.P.?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 05:40:11 pm »
Quote from: "Sectoid"
Maybe this is a silly idea, but I think it would be fun if the game kept a list of soldiers that have been killed in battle. The list could record record the fallen  soldier's name, rank, and how and when the soldier got whacked.

Not so silly... but it would give me a reason to send more of my fodder into the dark alleys, just to see how many I could put up there.

"Son, you're downright useless except for sniper bait.  The world will know of your sacrafice.  In about 10 years.  I've held spot #12 on the wall for you.  Get to work."

Sectoid

R.I.P.?
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 07:19:24 pm »
Awarding medals and ribons might be fun a little addition as well. Your soldiers could win awards for things like killing 5+ aliens in one mission, getting injured,  healing companions, surviving 20+ missions, capturing live aliens, etc.   :idea:

Offline XaverXN

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
R.I.P.?
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 11:43:53 pm »
Awarding medals and ribons

Oh, this is great... anyone remember the old TIE Fighter? All those medals one could get...

Would love to see sth like that in UFOAI