project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Alternate Stun Method  (Read 4311 times)

Offline Redtide

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Alternate Stun Method
« on: May 22, 2007, 11:46:58 pm »
The Stun Rod is OK and serves its purpose. The stun grenade is good too. What is missing? A stun grenade launcher or, at the very least, a stun grenade for the grenade launcher. I think this would be a great use of the grenade launcher and a lot less painful. It would have to be a step or so further than stun grenades are.

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Alternate Stun Method
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 08:35:02 am »
I absolutely agree and hope storywriters will add stun ammo to grenade launcher one day.

Offline Imposeren

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Alternate Stun Method
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 09:50:06 am »
Are there any stun damage for simple explosive weapons?

I think that they must have secondary "explosion radius" where damage is stunning and damages only a little. Or something like that with strange formula

Whatever

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 01:23:24 pm »
Grenade launcher is already overpowered IMO.

I think a cool idea would be some kind of netting device, where you have to sacrifice one of your characters to hold down the netted alien, but it would be a weapon you could still use from medium/short distances. When i say sacrifice, I don't mean they die, just that they must stay out of combat and focus on securing the creature for the rest of combat. If you decide to move the soldier or use any TU's at all, the alien will go free with weapon equipped and (most likely) blow you to pieces. It would be a one hit "stun" type effect though to balance out the negatives.

Offline Imposeren

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 02:44:36 pm »
maybe I should specify more precise.

In old XCOM explosions sometimes stunned aliens instead of killing them. I don't want to ADD stunning damage to grenade launcher. I just want to say that some stunning chance instead of killing would be great for ANY explosions

Offline gerald

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 03:24:24 pm »
well there are electro lasers but they kill almost always as for me ....

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 04:27:32 pm »
well there are electro lasers but they kill almost always as for me ....

That bug was fixed AFAIK.

-geever

Ain Soph Aur

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 04:43:09 pm »
maybe I should specify more precise.

In old XCOM explosions sometimes stunned aliens instead of killing them. I don't want to ADD stunning damage to grenade launcher. I just want to say that some stunning chance instead of killing would be great for ANY explosions

in my opinion, good idea

odie

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 10:48:52 am »
Grenade launcher is already overpowered IMO.

I think a cool idea would be some kind of netting device, where you have to sacrifice one of your characters to hold down the netted alien, but it would be a weapon you could still use from medium/short distances. When i say sacrifice, I don't mean they die, just that they must stay out of combat and focus on securing the creature for the rest of combat. If you decide to move the soldier or use any TU's at all, the alien will go free with weapon equipped and (most likely) blow you to pieces. It would be a one hit "stun" type effect though to balance out the negatives.

Actually, modern-day (year 2009) weapons for throwing a net / spraying a sticky substance, already do not require anyone to hold tat victim down. So in 2084, if we are designing this, pls do not un-progress and go backwards in tech wrt the tech.

Okie, with that aside, i thnk it might be a good idea, to have a netting device. Then again, i dun thnk we wan to do tat, since we already have something called stun rods and stun lasers, and many other ideas along the stun grenades and stuff.....

So maybe we might just want to give a pass (as in no go) on this one? :D

Thanks for suggesting though.

PS: This is also UFOAI, may i remind us, inspired by Xcom; And not UFOAI, a remake of XCom. Lol. So we might want to be more 'original'? :P