project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: assigning some missions to the regular army strike force  (Read 2845 times)

inquisiteur2

assigning some missions to the regular army strike force
« on: May 19, 2007, 06:39:14 pm »
This was a nice  (I think) feature in Aftermath where you could delegate a mission to the state regular army instead of sending your own troops. Of course there was only a small chance to successfully complete the battle that way and there was no alien material gathered that way.

We could have for instance an option for that and a short sentence after 2-3 hours time telling us if soliders have succeeded or not. This would be matter of probability; ex: at the beginning of the game 40% success; then at mid-game 30 %, then 10%

Also that may depend on the game difficulty.

Offline breversa

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 06:58:20 pm »
Well, you can also consider that IF there's a UFO activity somewhere, that means the local  army has failed already... :?

Wanderer

Re: assigning some missions to the regular army strike force
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 07:11:43 pm »
Quote from: "inquisiteur2"
This was a nice  (I think) feature in Aftermath where you could delegate a mission to the state regular army instead of sending your own troops.

"Seargent, I've got a mission for you"

"Okay sir, what is it?"

"I want you to go stop creatures with armor we don't understand, using weapons that can burn holes in our tanks, that fly around in ships that don't have wings we recognize, using training and equipment that are outdated."

"I see... sir..."

"Please update your will and see the chaplain on the way out.  Dismissed."

Dwarden

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 08:10:13 pm »
'You stole our crashed UFO' ... 'CHAAAARGEEEE !' :)

let's kick some army :)

Alex

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 08:36:54 am »
Maybe a nice feature on some maps would be a few burnt out tanks, dead soldiers, crashed helicopters and few panicked soldiers who have survived a failed attempt to intercept some aliens...  Artists!  Where are you?

Offline XaverXN

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 03:49:29 pm »
Alex, now that sounds interesting... maybe I will try this when I'm done with my current map...
I think theres a list with suggestions for maps in the wiki, how about you put it in there for now?