project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: How do I transfer equipment between ships on the same base?  (Read 3039 times)

Chinamark

Dear AI experts,
I have one base with a drop ship and an interceptor. I have equipment on the interceptor, ammo, armor etc which I want to equip my soldiers on my dropship with. How do I do that?
Thanks in advance.
Mark

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
How do I transfer equipment between ships on the same base?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 09:00:11 am »
I am not an
AI expert
, but I think armour (eg combat armor) and ammo (eg bolter rifle magazine) are assigned to soldiers, which are assigned to aircraft. Unless you have soldiers on your interceptor, I dont think it it possible to have assigned equipment to it.

Or is this the result of a base transfer attempt? then the transporting aircraft should just drop off the gear and toddle straight home. then the armour and ammo should appear in the destination bases inventory.

Chinamark

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 09:17:14 am »
I did assign a soldier to the interceptor because I assumed the aircraft would need someone to fly it, maybe that's where I made the mistake.

Saying that, once I unassigned him, the weapons, ammo and armour etc all stayed in the interceptor and there's some really good stuff in there that I can't access now.

It wasn't anything to do with the "transfer" function because I only had one base at that time.

Next time I play, I'll try selling everthing and buying it all again and see if it goes into the dropship.

Thanks for answering.

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 10:09:41 am »
i can confirm that you do not need to aassign a soldier to fly an interceptor. i was surprised to find that it is currently possible (i am sure there is no point in assigning soldiers to interceptors at the current state of the game).

i would have expected your kit to return to your bases inventory (ie be sellable, ba available for soldiers on other craft etc). if your kit dissappeared, you could log a bug report on sf.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=157793&atid=805242

Thanks for answering.

i do what i can :)