project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: How do I build a new base?  (Read 3667 times)

Chinamark

How do I build a new base?
« on: May 03, 2007, 05:33:19 pm »
Hi,
I downloaded the latest version 2.1.1 a few days ago and I'm loving the game. Well done to everyone for making this possible. I was a fan of the old Xcom game years ago and to play it again now, with it looking so much better, is just great!
I didn't have any problems with the installation or anything and it worked straight away, apart from the language problem because I have Chinese Windows XP, but I had to put in the "s_language en" code and it sorted that out fine.
Anyway my question is, and I've scoured the forums and the Wiki and I can't find it, how do I build a new base? I have the "transfer" option but can't use it because I only have one base, but I can't find anyway to build a new one. Is this something that is still in development and will be implemented at a later date?
Apart from that, I don't have any gripes, and that's not a gripe. The team here appears to have their hands full with the "todo" list and everyone here is making great suggestions on a daily basis so it can only keep getting better and better.
Well done andthanks in advance for an answer to my question.
Best wishes,
Mark

Wanderer

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 05:48:37 pm »
Bottom Left corner of the interface, is three tabs that will pop up when you hover on them.  UFOPaedia is one of them.

The right most one will allow you to build a new base.

Offline Voller

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 05:48:55 pm »
Check out the info box at the bottom left of your geoscape view. On top of it there are three buttons sticking out. Hover your mouse above them and they come out further. Once of them allows you to build a new base.

/edit: looks like someone has beaten me to it ;)

Chinamark

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 06:03:51 pm »
Thanks for replying so quick. It seems so obvious now that I look at the screen!

Offline XaverXN

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 11:58:51 pm »
Well you could start with a chinese translation if the language setting really bothers you  :wink:

Glad you like the game!

Chinamark

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 08:23:21 am »
Nice try :wink:  Honestly I'd love to help, but I'm a translator by day so in my spare time I just like to relax and play games, not translate them :)