project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Crash when starting Base attack mission?  (Read 2702 times)

lalarka

Crash when starting Base attack mission?
« on: April 13, 2007, 03:32:50 am »
Am I doing something wrong?

I'm getting a "Base attack" mission. I have my dropship fly there. The mission starts loading, then the game crashes to desktop.

Any ideas?

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 10:08:07 am »
probably is a bug. try to provide more info, to help the team find it. see this "Crash when using secondary lander team, and at base attacks." thread to start with. I should point out - I'm just "cannon fooder", but I've been following a few of these bug threads with interest.

lalarka

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 04:00:58 pm »
ok, looked at that thread. I don't know if it's the same bug or not. I'll turn on developer 1 mode to see if I can capture the error messages. But right now it crashes to desktop with no message.

I don't have a large hanger at the base under attack. Would that cause a crash when I try to send my dropship there?

Is there a way to defend the base with the troops I have there already? I'd like to rule the large hanger thing out. But I can't find a way to just start the mission without sending a dropship there.

Any ideas?

Offline yuenkong

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 04:21:19 am »
When my is under attack, the game is loading but it just show the  window with the message below and i cannot continue the game.

Pop up window message:
"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Assertion failed !
Program: D:\UFOAI-2.1\UFO.EXE
File:/..//src/qcommon/cmodel.c
Line: 658

Expression: model->headnode<curTile->numnodes+6

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)"

For your information, I'm running the game on window ME.

teej

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 02:29:49 am »
I experienced an assertion failure just now while defending my base.  My point man took a particle canon charge, but defended the team with a cannonade.  The number 2 man tried to use a medkit resulting in the crash when I clicked on 'heal.'

Assertion Failed!

Program: C:\ufoai\2.1.1\UFOAI-2.1.1\ufo.exe
File: ../../src/qcommon/cmodel.c
Line: 1969
Expression: headnode < curTile->numnodes + 6