project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Weapon research/construction/info bugs  (Read 2946 times)

Offline Kaerius

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Weapon research/construction/info bugs
« on: April 06, 2007, 12:24:27 am »
Mainly particle weapons... first part could be a design decision, but apparently I can't use the ammo for any of them until I've researched all three, and then researched man-portable particle weapons. And even after that I can't construct the ammo.

Reminds me, what ammo is used for the plasma blades? Do they need any?(Research suggests not, but it's an ammo 1 weapon.) I can't find the stats for it. Haven't seen any ammo for it either.

Also like I posted elsewhere, can't find the stats for laser rifle and heavy laser because they use the same ammo as laser pistol, which the ammo seems to show the stats of.

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon research/construction/info bugs
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 08:22:11 am »
Quote from: "Kaerius"
Mainly particle weapons... first part could be a design decision, but apparently I can't use the ammo for any of them until I've researched all three, and then researched man-portable particle weapons. And even after that I can't construct the ammo.

That is exactly the way it should work. Alien particle beam technology is far more advanced than human can understand. Please read "Man-Portable particle beams" UFOpedia entry. There is an answer to your doubts about producing this ammo: "Commander, there is no chance in hell that we can build accelerators this complex this small. Not in our lifetimes. Neither we at PHALANX nor the rest of the world have the precision machinery or the knowledge necessary to duplicate the alien technology."

Reminds me, what ammo is used for the plasma blades?

None. These are one-use weapons which do not need ammo. Please read related UFOpedia article.

Also like I posted elsewhere, can't find the stats for laser rifle and heavy laser because they use the same ammo as laser pistol, which the ammo seems to show the stats of.

Yeah, we have to think about the way to display weapon stats for weapons which use the same ammo.

Offline Kaerius

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 12:30:53 pm »
Quote from: "Zenerka"
Reminds me, what ammo is used for the plasma blades?

None. These are one-use weapons which do not need ammo. Please read related UFOpedia article.

This one really should display its stats. It has more in common with grenades than with ammo-fed weapons.

In fact I'd like all weapons that don't have multiple ammo types to display their own stats...

Also with:

That is exactly the way it should work. Alien particle beam technology is far more advanced than human can understand. Please read "Man-Portable particle beams" UFOpedia entry. There is an answer to your doubts about producing this ammo: "Commander, there is no chance in hell that we can build accelerators this complex this small. Not in our lifetimes. Neither we at PHALANX nor the rest of the world have the precision machinery or the knowledge necessary to duplicate the alien technology."

Still, let me use the ammo when I've researched the weapon(that should at least give you the knowledge of "ammo goes here.")

Oh and that reminds me, there's no ability to scroll the buy/sell menus, so I can no longer sell plasma blaster ammo, it's offscreen.

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 12:42:00 pm »
This one really should display its stats. It has more in common with grenades than with ammo-fed weapons.

I agree.
Still, let me use the ammo when I've researched the weapon(that should at least give you the knowledge of "ammo goes here.")

But... you should be able to use that ammo after researching the weapon and Man-Portable Particle Beams. It is not the case?
Oh and that reminds me, there's no ability to scroll the buy/sell menus, so I can no longer sell plasma blaster ammo, it's offscreen.

That is something for mattn - scrolling in menus is his favourite type of code. ;>

Offline Kaerius

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 01:12:46 pm »

But... you should be able to use that ammo after researching the weapon and Man-Portable Particle Beams. It is not the case?

Yeah, I can use the ammo after researching all three weapons and then researching man-portable particle beams... what I'm saying is that it's odd that I can't bring reloads to missions after researching only the appropriate weapon(it automatically loads a full clip, and I can use it, but I can't bring a reload.)

So after finding and researching my first particle weapon, I have to wait for the other two to show up, and do an extra 3 researches, just to bring extra ammo to missions. :p I can use the weapon after the first research...

jeindi

Weapon research/construction/info bugs
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 01:35:52 pm »
First of all congratulations for this great game, x-com enemy unknown was the first game i play in a computer, this is a great remake of it.

I dont know if this is a bug, but many objects have no text in ufopaedia

Thanks