project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Music submission  (Read 2471 times)

Alex

Music submission
« on: March 19, 2007, 02:18:47 pm »
I hate to cross post but I posted a soundtrack to the music section yesterday and so far there's been 5 views and no comments.  I'm posting here in case its gone unnoticed...

http://ufo.myexp.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1216

(feel free to delete this if it goes against forum policy to post notification of topics in other areas of the forum)

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Music submission
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 02:27:18 pm »
I am sorry we didn't respond immediately. It's just because I personaly focus on other than sounds dev-related things right now.

The track you submitted is great IMO and would be incorporated into the game but you have to agree to publish it under GPL licence.

BTW, did you think maybe about contributing some weapon sounds? Look at the Music chapter of this forum and search for "Two weapon sounds needed" topic.

Alex

Music submission
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 02:36:05 pm »
I understand, projects such as this are large and multi-faceted, I guess I'm chomping at the bit to get involved...

I totally agree to publish the music under a GPL, I'm familiar with the terms of the GPL and as long as I am given due credit I am happy.

I'll have a look at the list of weapon sounds needed, I might have a go at making some.

I read somewhere you need all music in the Ogg format, is that right?

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Music submission
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 03:42:57 pm »
oh... i just answered your initial post... a bit too late it seams :-D

Alex

Music submission
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 03:47:16 pm »
Its my fault really for cross posting...  Wanna lock this one so we don't get even more confusified?

(p.s. I replied to your reply to my post in the music forum and updated the bolter sound...)